“Wonderfully Accommodating” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Geneva
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Wonderfully Accommodating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Friendly and very accommodating staff. Left my travel coffee mug in my room and they put it aside for me (without me asking) to give to me during my next stay. Well maintained and superb service from all the employees. The value is well worth the price. Very comfortable -- I'll return again and again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ComfortInnGenevaIL, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Jim Y,

Thank You so much for your comments regarding our staff. I will be sure to pass them along. I am happy to hear that you got your coffee traverl mug back. I can appreciate how inportant that is!.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

66 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Geneva, Illinois, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We recently stayed over on a Saturday and really enjoyed the room size, how comfortable the beds were and the indoor pool. We had our 2 kids with us who were both loved swimming in the middle of the cold winter. The staff was friendly and everything was clean. We would definitely return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
ComfortInnGenevaIL, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Cathy K.,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. I am so glad you and your family enjoyed your experience while staying here. Please be on the lookout for various special we run during this year for a return visit!

Hope to see you again soon!

Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have a client nearby and have stayed here three times. All three times the hotel has served my purposes very well and this stay is no different. Rooms were clean, nothing too fancy, but my purpose was business. There's a pool and small workout room, neither of which I used. Check in was quick and very polite. Plenty to do nearby. If the weather is nice, take a right hand turn out of the hotel and drive about a mile down to the river and there's a very nice, paved trail that a lot of people use to bike,jog,walk and it goes for several miles from Geneva all the way up to St. Charles... Cross the bridge into town and make sure you eat at Za Za's! It's a fantastic old-style Italian eatery...you'll love it. If you go north on Kirk road, about 1.5 miles where it intersects 38 (Roosevelt I believe) there is a subway, convenient store and liquor store... I didn't partake of the morning breakfast, although plenty of people were and their appeared to be plenty of food available.

I visit St. Geneva a few times a year and will choose this hotel until things change.

Room Tip: Eat at Za Za's in St. Charles...about 5 mile drive. Also check out the river walk if the weather...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ComfortInnGenevaIL, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear tzugidon,

Thank you so much for your continued patronage to our hotel. We realize you have many choices and appreciate that you choose us for your lodging needs when you are meeting your client. I agree with you that the trail from Geneva to St. Charles is one that most people should take advantage of and that ZA Za's is one of the best restaurants around! We look forward on seeing you on your next visit to the area.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel on New Year's Eve. We figured it would be better to stay close to where we would be celebrating so that we wouldn't have to drive. Everything was fine until after we returned from being out. First, we were unfairly accused of smoking in our room by employees as they were leaving the hotel, even though we were seen walking outside multiple times to do so. In the morning, after requesting to pay cash (to avoid overdraft fees as the majority of the $ for the room was in my pocket and not my bank account), they ran the card without asking. When I checked my bank statement the following day, I noticed that the card I had originally given (which was declined because it was for the wrong account) was charged twice for $150. They told me it was because they had evidence of smoking in the room (which is completely false). That card information should not have even been saved in their system in the first place. When checking the account actually used for payment, I was charged twice for the room. I was then assured that the charges (one for $127 and the two "smoking" charges for $150) were just card authorizations and that they would not be deducted from my account. That was also a lie. I now have two charges for $150 and two charges for $127 on two different accounts and they have both been processed by my bank, resulting in 3 separate overdraft fees. I have spoken with these people 4 times over the past few days and haven't gotten anywhere. Needless to say, my attorney has been contacted and I have reported these charges to the bank as unauthorized, fraudulent charges. I will never do business with Comfort Inn again.

• Stayed December 2012
ComfortInnGenevaIL, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Oop517,

I am sorry to hear about your experiences while at our hotel. We do have a strict 100% non-smoking policy in our hotel and your room unfortunately was found to be smoked in. Any pneding authorizatioins on a debit card are held onto up to a 72 hour period depending on the individual's bank which are then realeased once the transaction is finalized. Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I've stayed several times at this location and never been disappointed. The rooms are relatively large and comfortable, lots of pillows, tub/shower and in-room coffee. The decor is about what you would expect for a chain, but everything is clean and well-maintained. Breakfast is OK.

The staff are very friendly, and I always feel welcome.

Room Tip: Wifi not reliable in all rooms
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear TravelinFamily,

Thank you for your continued patronage to our hotel. We realize you have alot of choices and are pleased that you have made our hotel your hotel of choice. Thank you for the positive comments regarding the ammenities and the staff.

Hope to see you again soon

Batavia, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This is the second New Year's Eve we have spent at this hotel, and they staff have been more than accommodating to our group. Between helping us make reservations so our rooms are close together, to making the meeting room ready for us to use, to helping with the clean up, this is one of our favorite hotels.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
ComfortInnGenevaIL, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Stephanie T.,

Thank you so much for you choosing us as your New Year's Eve Destination!. I am very pleased to hear that we were able to accomodate your group with close rooms and our meeting room.

On behalf of our team, we wish you a Happy New Year!

Watertown, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Have stayed here twice in the last couple of months. The staff is outstanding, room is clean, and the hot breakfast is great. Only hotel I will stay at when in the area. Love having a choice between scrambled eggs or waffles. The night desk clerk suggested where to order a pizza and I was not disappointed. Rosati's has Great pizza and the delivery time was exactly what they promised.

Room Tip: upgraded to king suite last time I was there for the same price as a king room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear SZlongball,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding our hotel. I am glad to hear you appreciated the variety of breakfast choices that we have to offer. I agree with your comments regarding Rosati's pizza. This is one of my favorite's! We hope to see you again in the near future.

On behalf of our team, we wish you a Happy New Year!

Eric Lightner

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!