“Flavorful and varied menu” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Eclectic, Grill
Good for: Romance, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
“Flavorful and varied menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We had heard about Urban Grille from friends who travel a fairly long distance to go there every time they have family members visiting. We went for lunch with high expectations and we were definitely not disappointed. We had a hard time deciding exactly what we wanted because of all of the good-sounding options on the lunch menu. We decided on the Thai salad wraps (mine spicy, my wife's medium) and it was the best wrap of this type that we have ever had - a complexity of flavors and textures that blended extremely well. We had key lime pie for dessert and were equally impressed (since both of us are from Florida and we sample key lime pies all over the country, so that is a very high bar). The pie was flavorful and surprisingly light, with a crust that had coconut in it. We definitely will return often to sample some of the menu options that we couldn't order this time.

• Visited May 2013

54% Recommend
“Our new favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We happened upon the restaurant one afternoon while driving through Geneva and could not have been more pleasantly surprised! Our entrees, both sandwiches, were full of flavor and unlike anything you'll find at a chain restaurant! We kept talking about our experience and recently returned for dinner. We had the calamari appetizer (delicious) and bacon-wrapped dates stuffed with bleu cheese--I swear there were tastebuds awakened in my mouth that had been dormant for a very long time. We both had the land and sea entree and while both the steak and shrimp were delightful, the Shrimp Alyx was decadent! Took home desert--carrot cake and key lime pie. Again, this is no ordinary desert--it was amazing! Please go see for yourself! We plan to take all our friends!

• Visited May 2013
Geneva IL
“little pricey but good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

the food here is good but a little on the pricy side. I have been here several times and always had good service. I like how the menu changes and some of theyre dishes are seasonal. I would recomend comming here at least once.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lombard, IL
“New Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Had a n early NYE dinner. Was able to get last minute reservation. Were seated early and met right away by our enthusiastic server. Unfortunately, he didn't give us his name. We are very picky margarita drinkers and our were so good we each had 2! Meals were top notch-Braised pork shank, sweet potato gnocchi, shrimp alyx and the strip steak. Meal was so good we wanted to compliment the chef. It was pretty funny-the kitchen is open and when our server told them we wanted to speak with them, you could see none of the cooks wanted to come out. When one did, he was very relieved it was for a complement. He said when they get called out it is usually for something negative. Have the banana cream pie for desert but reserve it when you call for your reservation-they go fast. We will definitely be back.

• Visited December 2012
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Two Different Experiences”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

My husband and I went to the Urban Grille the other night for the first time. The ambiance is warm and inviting, with a modern feel. The wait staff were great. Husband had their signature soup and raved about its flavor. He had a pizza for his entree' and also gave it a thumbs up.

I ordered a Heritage salad and was not impressed. I paid an extra $1.89 for goat cheese instead of feta but when it arrived I had to ask for more cheese as I felt they really skimped on it. Also, the salad itself was on the dry side. They should have allowed me to put my own dressing on. The high price of the salad was way over board for what I got. There was no meat at a price of around $15.00 - kind of steep if you ask me. In fact, the menu is rather pricey for pub food (hamburgers/pizza, etc).

So in a nutshell, my husband was impressed; I was not.

• Visited December 2012