“The Usual” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Galesburg
Lansing, KS
“The Usual”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Typical Fairfield Inn....Stayed for one night while visiting family. Was able to get a good price on priceline and it was a clean, comfortable hotel. No frills - but I felt we got what we paid for.

There was a large group gathered in the lobby that was quite loud when we got there. The person checking us in noted that our room was just on the other side of the wall and asked if I would prefer to be moved up a floor. I appreciated her thinking of that. All the Staff we encountered were very friendly.

The complimentary breakfast was adequate. It seemed to be a little picked over - but again I believe it was due to the large crowd we had ran into the night before - as they were just leaving when we arrived in breakfast area.

I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
GalesburgFF_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Galesburg, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay, we are always looking for ways to improve. I apologize that the breakfast was not quite what you expected. We have recently added some new hot items to the breakfast and hope this will make our guests as excited as we are about this change! We hope with our continued efforts to improve every stay for our guests, you will give the Galesburg Fairfield Inn another try next time you stay in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Hotel is worn-carpets could use a deep cleaning thruout,faded curtins in hallways, dingy look thruout. Breakfast was the worst of all Fairfield Inns I have visited. Cockroaches in parking lot, in lobby and flying everywhere-property needs intensive pet control. First room we were in had stained curtains and the air conditioner was not working at all. Second room was clean, but air conditioner appeared to be dysfuntional-room was very very damp and made sleeping difficult-gave up at that point and just resolved never to stay there again. Staff was pleasant, but property should not be in this condition ever..............

Room Tip: Entire hotel was damp,dingy and dirty. Sadly-I would suggest you visit another hotel chain in Galesb...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
GalesburgFF_GM, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Galesburg, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize you had a negative experience; I would like to assure you that all of these issues are being addressed and resolved immediately. We are always looking for ways to improve and using guest feedback is the best way for us to do that. Guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance and we value your feedback. We hope you give us the chance to make things right and try the Galesburg Fairfield Inn again next time you are in the area.

Sincerely, Terri Quick - General Manager
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I stayed here for Railroad Days as it was offering a lower price than the other comparable hotels in town. It provides the standard Fairfield package being comfortable and business-like with efficient staff. It is conveniently located with a number of restaurants and the Galesburg mall close by. The breakfast has the usual wide selection of items. My main complaints are the towels, which were so thin and ragged that they provided little drying power, and the cleanliness of the room, most notably the coffee-maker had not been properly cleaned after the previous occupant.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

On our way home from a week long bike ride across Iowa, this was a very reasonably priced, comfortable, clean hotel with a nice indoor pool, wireless Internet and complementary breakfast. Great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

You never know what a hotel's going to be like until you've stayed there. Our family has found a new favorite hotel in Fairfield Inn. We stayed at Fairfield Inn- Galesburg in two different rooms on the two legs of our journey, and we are so impressed with the cleanliness & comfort of the hotel. We were cool & comfortable in there despite the near 100 degree temperature outside. Our rooms were clean, with "pristine" white bedding on the queen beds, which were extremely comfortable with choice of about any size pillow you'd want! We weren't disturbed by any outside noise or noise from fellow hotel stayers, so we had a wonderful rest. The hotel staff were all welcoming and just genuinely nice, friendly people who did their jobs well. We without question would recommend you stay at this hotel in Galesburg, which is easy to get to from Hwy US 34. Also, the complimentary breakfast was excellent with many choices in what to drink & eat: homemade waffles, breakfast sandwiches, fresh fruit, etc.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hagerstown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

This is a small hotel, but they are the nicest people here. The rooms are clean, it has a nice pool. The breakfast was nice (the cinnamon muffins were awesome!) The only thing I would suggest is that if they haven't installed a shield on their in room a/c units, tuck the curtains up so that your entire room can be one temp. They treat Marriott rewards memebers extremely well, even give you a nice little welcome package.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Illimois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have been staying here two nights (Tues & Wed) a week for the past 5 and a half months as my home away from home while I am working in this area. I can now state with a fair degree of certainty that I really have no desire to stay anywhere else. The staff are the friendliest and most helpful of any hotel where I have stayed a night or more anywhere in the world (except for the Marriott Waiohai Beach Resort on Kauai), and I have stayed at a number of 5 star, luxury properties! The hotel itself offers clean, reasonably priced accommodations, where noise is never a problem. The morning breakfast selection, which is included in the room rate, is very good and tasty. The indoor pool is small, but clean and never crowded, at least in the middle of the week. I have two complaints: WiFi and linens. WiFi is advertised as "High Speed Internet Connection." It is not as slow as dial-up, but close. The only saving grace that makes this tolerable is that it is free. I would really complain if I had to pay for it! The linens are small and coarse and need to be converted to use as rags. They are far past their useful life. I have commented as such to the front desk staff but, of course, they can only pass on my concerns to management. I thought maybe that this was just a fluke, but they have been this way every since I first stayed. And I believe they do change them every night, don't they? Those are the only reasons I gave this property a rating of Very Good instead of Excellent. I was told by the front desk staff that the entire hotel is scheduled for renovation upgrading in the coming year. It could definitely use it, since it is showing its age. Otherwise, I think this is a great place to stay, all things considered, and I intend to continue my weekly stays here for as long as I am in this area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Galesburg? Share your experiences!