“Outstanding Food & Service” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
One Eleven Main is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 58 Restaurants in Galena
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
chicago
“Outstanding Food & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2009

Went with anther couple for lunch and enjoyed the meal so much, went back the next day. Thai wing and Buffalo wings were the BEST I'VE EVER HAD!!! Salads, soups, stroganoff all terrific!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Chicago
“Dissapointing end to a good day”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2009

We were excited about dining at One Eleven while on a trip to Galena to celebrate my wife's birthday. Food looked good and plenty of options on the menu. My wife set up a reservation via OpenTable.com making mention of the party celebrating a birthday and we got our time slot at 7pm. Earlier in the day of the reservation, I decided to call the restaurant and make sure they received the instructions that we were celebrating a birthday. The manager said he saw the instructions and said that they will give us a free dessert of choice and write "Happy Birthday" on the plate with sauce. So, long story short, here is what happened:
1. The waiter seemed either new or confused and paid little attention to us.
2. I had to ask for water from one of the other waiters.
3. When dessert came, no free dessert and no "Happy Birthday".
4. I went to talk to the manager and she said there was no mention of the birthday on the reservation.
5. She didn't apologize but said they would pay for our dessert.
6. While leaving, we walked past the manager and she said nothing. No 'sorry, good night', nothing!
It was such a wonderful day too bad it ended on such a note.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
St. Paul, MN
“Great Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

We had dinner here while in Galena. The food was very good. You get both soup and salad with each entre and I was glad as I would have been dissappointed if I had missed one of them. The house dressing is delicious. I had the beef stroganoff and it was wonderful. My husband had the signature burger and that too was good. Our server was attentive but that was easy as there were only 3 tables that night. Prices are moderate but it was well worth it.

Hamilton Parish, Bermuda
“Delicious lunch spot in the middle of all the shops”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2009

We went here for lunch because the other restaurants we wanted to try are only open for dinner. We were pleasantly surprised. My husband had the gnocchi, which we were told is a new menu item, and it was great! It came with a creamy tomato soup and bread that we both enjoyed. I had the BBQ pulled pork sandwich with the Galena garlic chips. The chips could have used more garlic but both were delicious. The service was also great and the waitress was very friendly and helpful. We will definitely return to One Eleven Main the next time we're in Galena!

Northwest Indiana
“Excellent Restaurant!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2009

When I read a couple of the bad reviews of this restaurant I truly thought that they may haved mixed up their reviews with another restaurant. My wife and I enjoyed this place so much that we ate there twice in a three day vacation. Everything we ordered was outstanding from the soup to the main course. Also anyone who is a fan of Mojitos will be in rum heaven with their selections. We have been to many restaurants in Chicago and the quality of food for the price would be nearly impossible to find there. Happy dining!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere