Hawk Valley combines the best of a Cottage Retreat and a B&B. With your own cottage (three rooms are available in the main house if you prefer) you have privacy, fast internet and satellite TV, and don't have to visit with strangers in the hallways - but also get the caring attention of the Inn Keepers, Wendy & Hal at the gourmet breakfasts in big house dining room every morning. Yum!!!
About 6 miles out in the country from Galena, there is a fish pond, hiking trails and cottages on a hillside. Sitting on our porch while drinking coffee we could hear the moos of dairy cows from a neighboring farm (but far enough away that there are no flies).
I am NOT a B&B person and was reluctant to go with my daughter and two grandkids - but was totally won over. Will happily stay again. Hawk Valley is about as perfect get-away as you can find.
- Also Known As:
- Hawk Valley Retreat & Cottages Hotel Galena
- Hawk Valley Retreat & Cottages Hotel
- Hawk Valley Retreat And Cottages
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You are invited to retreat from the real world in a peaceful country setting located on ten acres, eight miles east of Galena. At Hawk Valley Retreat & Cottages you have the luxury of choosing from three rooms in the main house or four cottages on the property. Each cottage has a king bed, double whirlpool tub, electric fireplace, full bath, TV/DVD/Satellite system, wireless internet, kitchenette, eating area, sitting area, and porch. Our guestrooms each have a private entrance, private bath, TV/Satellite system, wireless internet, and king or queen bed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Hawk Valley Retreat & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.