“Real Ice Cream!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 58 Restaurants in Galena
Galena, Illinois
“Real Ice Cream!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

I am in love with the cinnamon ice cream!! Many flavors to choose from, all of them are excellent!! If you love real ice cream, this is the place to go!!

Visited August 2014

Denver, Colorado
“Bubblegum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

This ice cream shop was good. They had so many flavors to choose from. It was pretty busy but didn't take too long to order. Some of the employees were walking around seeming confused. Flavors weren't labeled but were written on the wall. The place seemed cleaned but we didn't eat inside.

• Visited September 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Blue moon beer... No! - I mean ice cream”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

NO SAMPLES!! What good is 37 flavors with no samples? Also, a lot of the ice cream looked caked into the tubs and unappetizing. They also didn't label their ice cream flavors, so I couldn't tell which was which. They did have a list of flavors hanging above.

No credit cards accepted at all. Really?

Super high prices. My goodness - almost $9 for a milkshake. If I were advising the owner, I would suggest to fix the business structure to make enough money to stay afloat - not jack up the prices to near-absorbitant levels for a mediocre product and crummy service. The lack of business is for a reason!! I bet you'd get more customers if you allowed samples. That was one of the main reasons we left.

The staff - rude. Pay up for some nice staff. For one, she was slow, and finishing with the customers before me took quite a while. That's fine; whatever. But, then she was about to help the customers that arrived after me... Like 5 minutes after me. Please increase your observation skills if you're going to man the store by yourself.

I next asked if I could sample a flavor, to which she snarkily replied that they don't do samples. (Mentioned above). Next, I inquired about the "Blue Moon" flavor. Now, just an FYI, I have had a blue moon milkshake at Red Robin before made with the beer called, "Blue Moon." I asked the gal if their ice cream was the beer flavored, thinking that was cool if it were. She replied in a VERY rude tone, "No! That's a childrens' cereal!" (She sounded as if the mere thought of a beer flavored ice-cream was abhorrent to the decency of the community and that I was an alcoholic lush for merely suggesting it!). Wow.

After that, we decided to leave. No samples, no credit cards, and full-on judgement by the ice cream gal. Oh my.

As a side note, the gentleman's small sunday who ordered before me looked good, although tiny for $5.50. At least she put (canned) whip cream and a cherry on it.

Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
“Great stop by for ice cream!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Who doesn't love old fashioned ice cream parlors?? Enough said! We bought ice cream and got free popcorn for visiting Dowling House and the Belvedere Mansion.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
West Des Moines, Iowa
“Expensive!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

The ice cream was really good but quite expensive! The decor was cute and interesting but nothing SUPER special that I would travel for!

• Visited July 2014