“Best Restaurant in Galena” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French, German
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Romantic
Dining options: Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Villa Park, Illinois
“Best Restaurant in Galena”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We truly enjoyed our visit to this restaurant. My husband had a type of smoked pork chop and I had a chicken schnitzel. Both came hot and very tasty. The bread was very good but the service was outstanding. All of their staff were very helpful and very polite. We could see many of their customers were long time diners. This is a wonderful experience and a real must try for anyone coming to Galena. Try to make reservations as this restaurant fills up quickly and there are a limited amount of tables. This is a nice (adults) restaurant good for couples or ladies night outs.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Midwest family
“Friends at Fritz & Frites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Can't miss this lovely Bistro when visiting Galena. A truly gourmet salad with lingonberry vinaigrette dressing, a light and sweet addition to fresh greens. I had a melt in your mouth broasted chicken which fell off the bone and had a savory flavor--divine! My husband had wienerschnitzel, red cabbage, and noodles. He also drank a dark beer which he said was the best ever. Lauren was our sweet as sugar waitress and advised us well on the food choices. Absolutely a charming place!

Visited November 2013
Madison, WI
“Nice Couples Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our first dinner in Galena at Fritz and Frites. I had the Rindsrouladen, my wife the Wiener Schnitzel. Both were very good, as was the red cabbage side dish. We also ordered a side of frites, which could have used some flavoring (i.e., truffle oil, Parmesan cheese, etc.) to make the dish more interesting. I would recommend skipping the frites, but would return again.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Excelsior, Minnesota, USA
“The Name Says It All”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I had German, my husband had French. What an interesting concept for a restaurant. My wiener schnitzel was wonderfully crisp with perfect seasoning, just needed more lemon to squeeze on it. The red cabbage had just the right vinegary tang. My husband had the steak frites which was a hangar steak that night. He said it was excellent, but the pile of matchstick-thin frites (a single potato, according to the waiter) was phenomenal. Also happy to find one place in Galena that didn't have an exposed brick interior! It really has a bistro feel.

Visited October 2013
Platteville, Wisconsin
“Friendly staff and great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Four of us stopped in one week night and were given a great table. It is a very attractive Bistro with unique menu of French and German specialties.
A nice wine was recommended to us with some great appetizers.
The soups are excellent. I was told the roasted chicken was very good. Not much sharing going on. The food was too good to share. My schnitzel a la Holstein was super.

• Visited October 2013