“Delicious steaks and very nice atmosphere.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
North Chicago, Illinois
“Delicious steaks and very nice atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Had a great time at this restaurant. Its on the dark side so if you don't mind that and love steak this is the place to go. We will definitely be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Byron, Illinois
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

The food was wonderful the wait staff was knowledgeable and friendly. I had the prime rib which was great. my wife had the baked cod. being in the middle of the country good seafood can be hard to find. my wife said it was one of the best she has had in a year or so. We will be back for more.

Visited February 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Neon and John Wayne meets Opaaa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Love the old neon sign, fun slogan ("Our steaks are juicier than this town's gossip!") and perfect location.

Housed in an old bank building on Galena's Main Street, the Log Cabin's entrance is dark yet welcoming. Dozens of photos of the restaurant's owners with VIPs, celebrities, athletes and politicians. The interior has a log cabin/western theme - with a banner of John Wayne staring down as the servers ignite the saganaki with an "opaaa!"

There was a 25-minute wait when we were there on a recent weekend. The bar was packed too. The size of the gin-and-tonic was disappointing, and it was mostly ice. Once we got to our table, service was slow at first, but our server - Irv? - made up for it with a gracious, helpful personality. Funny typo on the menu: Scallops served "geek style".

The sesame bread was still warm, and Irv brought out a veggie platter of crunchy radish and celery with a beer-cheddar dip. The entrees were OK, nothing special. My t-bone was flavorful, but a little veiny. The wife's fish was also flavorful, but small. Salad and potato were OK. No room for dessert, but it looked good.

Great atmosphere, a little overpriced. Still, we would go again.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
“Anniversary Dinner!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

I've been here before but each time I visit I am astounded at how great it is. It was our 17th wedding anniversary and my husband really wanted steak. This is the place to go. He had the ribeye and said it was cooked perfectly. I ordered the junior filet which is no longer on the menu and our wonderful waitress Nicole went and asked and said they would do it for me. It was also cooked perfectly. They go the extra mile for you. Customer service is amazing here. We love this place.

Warren, Illinois
“Best Restaurant Ever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

We live in the area and love to go to the Log Cabin in Galena, IL. Dino (the owner) is awesome!! The food, atmosphere and staff are out of this world. I would definitely take the time and check this place out. The prime rib, queen filet, fried shrimp, and saganaki is great! Ask for Jeremy or Irving.

• 5 of 5 stars Food