“2nd visit a 360° from the 1st” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 57 Restaurants in Galena
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
“2nd visit a 360° from the 1st”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

after speaking with one of the owners about the first visit we went back and I must say .. the steak was Amazing! I had the filet and it was tender, flavorful and honestly the best filet I had. MY husband had the prime rib and he loved it as well. Will definetly visit again whe we go back!

nbwieds@aol.com
“Absolulely fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Superb service by staff. Do not miss the Saginakii!!! Ordered medium rare petite tenderloin which was cooked to perfection. Very tender, juicy,and flavorful. One of the best steaks I have ever had in a restaurant. Fresh salad with homemade dressing. Even a relish tray, reminiscent of the old dinner clubs. A lot of delicious food for the price. Would definitely put this on my list next time I visit Galena. FYI, several residents of Galena recommende The Log Cabin Restaurant, and we tend to trust locals for their input on food.

Chicago, Illinois
“Step back in time w/ a great steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

From the minute you walk in, you feel like you have stepped back in time. Cozy and welcoming, with old pictures and decor, this dark wooded retreat serves up great food with a smile. The filet mignon was done to perfection and the baked potato and salad that accompanied it was perfect. The only thing missing were veggies. Good affordable wines too. We enjoyed the place so much that we didn't want to leave. Ended the night with a cocktail at the bar. Great find, thank you fellow TripAdvisors!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Iowa
“Great and steak, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were looking for a steak place, and the Log Cabin was recommended by every person we asked. We made reservations, but got there early. Our table was ready so they seated us. Our waitress was very friendly and knowledgeable. The steaks are all fairly large, so my husband and I shared the 16 oz New York strip. The shared plate charge is nominal, at $5.95. We ordered ours Greek style and it was delicious. Ordered saganaki and shrimp cocktail as appetizers, and my husband loved the shrimp. Bread and relish tray was very nice. Will go back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Monticello, Illinois
“Great steak, pushy waitress”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The steak was phenomenal. We both had filets, mine with out accoutrement, my husbands "Greek style" (garlicy sauce made with olive oil and other things). Meals came with bread, crackers, salad, veggies with cheese dip, and choice of potato. Needless to say, by the end we were stuffed. I did not have room for dessert, but my husband did. Unfortunately, he did not get dessert because the waitress brought our bill without offering us dessert or whether we wanted anything else. So we felt pushed to leave. It didn't help that as we were walking out another waitress was offering her table dessert.