“Wonderful meal” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Galena, Illinois, United States
“Wonderful meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

We have eaten at LaFamilia on many occasions. The food has always been delicious. It is certainly worth going off Main Street onto Diagonal Street to get a wonderful meal. The desserts are great! Sennen makes the best cinnamon rolls I've ever eaten! Galena has some great restaurants, and LaFamilia is one of the best!

Visited July 2014

Chicago, Illinois
“They catered my wedding and it was beyond my expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

La Familia catered my wedding at Turner Hall on the 4th of July. It was important for my fiance and I to have our wedding reflect who we were as a couple:fun & light hearted! We were set on a Burrito Bar and Senen and his family could not have done a better job at executing our vision! The burrito bar was a hit and our guests thought it was so very cool. My nontraditional wedding consisted of chicken, steak and veggie burritos with chili con carne toppings, chips and salsa,delicious red velvet cupcakes and the best bartenders in town. Our mini bride and groom cake was just perfect and is waiting in our freezer for our first year anniversary! Hire them for your next event! Professional,humble and family! 7/4/14

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Yum yum yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We had the chocolate tres leche cake and the flourless chocolate cake. These two cakes were amazing. My husband and I both LOVED them. Can't wait to go back again!!! We go to galena a couple times a year and it will be on every trip!!

Portland, Oregon
“Tastes better than it looks!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

This is an unimpressive store front off main street but worth seeking out. It was virtually empty when we went and that is too bad. The food was great. I had the pork verde which was more than I could eat. My wife had a chicken taco that was heaping in meat. Salsa was also very good. Clearly family run with attentive wait staff.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Galena, Illinois
“My favorite place in galena!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Authentic!! Real flavors that don't come from a can the mole is soooo good!! The tacos are delicious u suggest the carne Asada or the el pastor either way you can't go wrong. Every Thursday is a special usually not on the menu dinner for with dessert for a very affordable price! So do yourself a favor skip Los Aztecs and come here for amazing food, service, & price!!