“Worth the hunt” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Dessert, Bakeries, Turkish, Delicatessen, Romanian
Moline, Illinois
“Worth the hunt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

This place is near the top of the hill, on Diagonal Street. Please make the effort to visit. I don't want to loose them. Pastries are the flakiest anywhere. Only wish they offered table side service.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Millersburg, Kentucky
“The best.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Went to this joint a few weeks ago for the first time, and it was amazing. They've got the best Turkish coffee you'll ever have, and their pastries are actually authentic, not the artificial garbage that everyone else serves. They've got organic options, and I've never had anything that wasn't delicious. It's even got that home-y, European atmosphere to it. Try it, you won't regret it.

Kingston, Rhode Island
“Give It a Go”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Don't be turned off by the skimpy-looking pastries or the small menu selections - the pastries really taste great and the menu items I've gotten (tuna spread; tomato soup; french omelet) have been surprisingly good. The sweets are not too heavy, not too sugary, and pack lots of flavor. The main menu items are complimented well with sides such as olives, lettuce, and roasted peppers for the french omelet. You can tell that the owners care about the quality of their food and work hard at what they do.

Turns out, Sunny and Ramona (the owners) are doing this just for some retirement income. Sunny used to work in the Chicago area after immigrating from Romania and now just wanted to
get a little additional income through offering authentic European food. They sure got the food right. Along the way, they both are just so pleasant and earnest in interacting with folks. My brother and I were here for dinner last night and breakfast this morning and we both thought that they were really nice to chat with.

Overall, an excellent experience. We plan to return many, many times.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Galena
“What a great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I've been living in Galena for a couple of years, and I just found this place. I regret not finding it earlier! The owners are great, and I always enjoy talking to them about anything and everything when I come in. The food is fantastic, I have NEVER been disappointed, even remotely, in what I have gotten here. I have nothing but great things to say about the place, and generally I don't sing praises, but for here, I have nothing but praise!

The architecture of the restaurant is also impressive, the archways and painted glass are really cool to look at. It's all designed by the owners of this place too folks, they changed this place from an office into an awesome looking eatery.

Oh, and the desserts are delicious! Definitely get one before you go!

Galena, Illinois
“Favorite Lunch/Snack Spot in Galena”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have never had anything bad at Ramona Sunny's and I have been several times. My family and I love coming here!

Let me start with the pastries. They are hand crafted with recipes Ramona comes up with. My favorite is the raspberry and walnut in phylo. The poppy seed is also great. My daughter loves the creme de menthe cookies. All of them are awesome though and I wouldn't turn a one down. These are not your typical American "pastries," full of sugar and topped with artificially colored frosting. The best word I can think of for them besides delicious is artisan.

Traditional Turkish coffee is served from the copper pot into china cups at the table. Well worth the try if you have never had it. Also available is Galena Roast coffee, hot tea, and a cooler full of cold beverages.

Being a vegetarian, I have only personally sampled two sandwiches. The Hummus and Fire Roasted Pepper is wonderful served on a fresh baked mini baguette. If I am feeling particularly famished I go for the the grilled veggie burger on rye. I don't know what they do to the patties (two are served on the sandwich) but they are amazing! There is also a reuban, a traditional sausage, and a tuna sandwich I believe. There are others but I am not remembering at the moment. OH and they have great homemade soups made without meat stocks!

If you want good thoughtful, homemade food, then please give Ramona Sunny's a try. There tends to be a wait for lunch items so order a coffee, sit in the window and enjoy yourself. Bring some reading. It's all about relaxing and enjoying. Don't we all need a bit more of that?

• Visited December 2012