“august 9-10 WE Loved it .” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Farmers Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galena
Farmers Guest House
You added Farmers Guest House to your Saves list
334 Spring Street, Galena, IL 61036   |
Ranked #1 of 34 Galena B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
byron
“august 9-10 WE Loved it .”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2007

It was a wonderful place to stay we loved how clean and friendly ..
The breakfast was wonderful and it was nice because if you wanted to eat healthy you could ..

The host made everything great they where so nice imformative and you could tell it was something they really enjoyed doing . If you needed anything Kathie was right there doing it it was nice ..

I would go back and i might go back with my mom for a wonderful shopping trip .

You have to go .
Sarah

Stayed August 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2007

Our stay at the Farmer's Guest House was a wonderful one. The B&B is very quaint and welcoming. The owners, Kathie and Jess are wonderful and warm people. Our room was so cozy, clean, and welcoming. Downstairs in the main living area is a wide selection of DVD's that you can feel free to watch right in the cozy living area, or take up to your private room. There is also a selection of complimentary soft drinks, water, etc available in the main living area. The hotel is not from from downtown at all - just a few blocks away from the main street. We felt the location was perfect. We missed the evening wine and cheese, but the breakfast in the morning was great. Both Kathie and Jess visited with each couple during this time... you could tell they really like to get to know their guests and make sure their stay was a wonderful one. At check-out they like to take a picture of their guests to add to their photo gallery.

We will definately stay at this Inn again the next time we visit Galena. Which will hopefully be soon!

• Liked — The quaint feeling of the Inn and the rooms. More personal than a hotel.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2007

We spent the weekend at Famers Guest House in Galena ... The bed and breakfast had many unique rooms for guests to pick from .. We stayed in Annie Lloyd Cottage Suite which was up the hill from the main building ... The cottage was a deluxe split level bath and a half two room cottage suite featuring whirlpool for two, gas fireplace, TV-DVD-CD both upstairs and downstairs, king size bed and 2 back porches. A skylight over the bed welcomes sunlight or moonlight ...

We really enjoyed the wine and cheese each evening and the tremendous breakfast each morning .. The city of Galena was a friendly place as we found many sites to visit. The owners of the Farmers Guest House, Jess and Kathie, were so helpful and friendly, making our weekend getaway one to remember.

We will be sure to return and have recommended the Farmers Guest House to many of our friends !!

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Springfield, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2007

My daughter and I were looking for a relaxing place to stay for a short get-away. We were more than impressed with the Farmers' Guest House. As I entered the front door, upon arrival, I felt my stresses evaporate. The inn made me feel as if I were home. I felt such a connection with Kathie and the other guests That at the end of our stay, I hated to leave them and the inn itself. The inn was quiet and very clean. We were even close to the main street for shopping. I could not have asked for a better experience. My daughter and I were talking about a return trip as we were leaving Galena. I want to share this experience with all my friends. It was wonderful!

• Liked — Friendliness
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2007

Loved staying at our first bed and breakfast. It made our anniversary trip a delight and plan to make reservations for our children to stay later this year.

Stayed July 2007
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2007

My wife and I were looking to get away for our 10th anniversary. We stayed in the cottage and were not disappointed. Kathie, Jess, and Charles have done a great deal of work to the property in recent years and it has definately paid off. The cottage was very clean and comfortable. Jess was a great host (Kathie was away when we were in town) who can cook a mean breakfast and has a vast knowlege of the area. We had a wonderful time and highly recommend this property to those who want to get away.

• Liked — The house was great and the proximaty to downtown.
  • Disliked — Nothing comes to mind.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Farmers Guest House? Share your experiences!