“Comfortable stay, great pool!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 11 hotels in Galena
Brooklyn, Iowa
“Comfortable stay, great pool!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This was a comfortable stay. The pool was EXCELLENT. It's all indoor and I've never seen such a setup. There's a waterslide, deep swimming area, more shallow area, a hottub and a kiddie wading pool. Tons of lounge chairs too for those who don't want to go for a dip.

The beds were comfortable. I went with my bachelorette party and there were 5 of us there. 2 per bed and 1 in the fold out sofa. It was comfortable and quiet.

Breakfast was also fairly good. The eggs tasted a little funny but it was otherwise a pleasant stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

178 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites on our way to a fall color trip in Wisconsin and Michigan. Great hotel with good location close to all the fun things to do in Galena. Hotel staff was very helpful and our room was clean and well appointed. Breakfast was very good. Thumbs up.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Rapid City, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

THIS HOTEL ROCKS!!!!!!! I came out here from south dakota for a family reuniting and stayed here this has been one of the best stays at a hotel i have ever had ... special thanks to JESSICA who made my family reuniting banner thats was special and ment alot to me.... i still tear when i think of it. i stayed here at the hotel 10-25 to 10-28 i had a blast on the water slide my son says its awesome we had to fight with our selves to get out when we needed too cause we were haveing so much fun.... the front lobby for a country inn suites is sweet when u walk in u wouldnt know it was a country inn if missed all sighns.... the room amazing i loved ... thank u to STEPH,ABBY u guys were awsome cool and sweet .... TOM the maintanance guy was cool my ac had a leake poor guy wasnt on site was probaly sleeping at around 11pm but he came from home and had it fixed in no time flat the was impecable responce especialy considering he was probaly woken up to fix it that was awesome... BRITTANY,TINA,B,AND PLIAN JANE breakfast was super amazing... and DANA the G.M. was awesome and amazing .... the hotel i say should be #1 in galena on trip advisor ... this place is clean nice not far from walmart mc,Ds and a gas station right across the way also..... this hotel in my eyes from a scale of 1 - 10 - rate it a 100 u guys were amasing stay here again MOST DEFINATELY expect to see me here more .... thank you all at the hotel.... best stay ever.....

Room Tip: go for a king suite the are awsome door seperates bedroom from everything else in the room great for...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Milwaukee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We chose this hotel from the Tripadvisor reviews. One caveat - we stayed over a Sunday and Monday nights, so the rates were significantly less and with a AAA discount. Some of the criticism for the rates do not apply to our stay (about $87 per night). The room was very clean and comfortable, with a nice shower. The only odd thing was a tapping noise in the wall on occassion, which I think is the plumbing or ventilation. I did not wake us up a night. The breakfast is quite good, with a very attentive staff, picking up your dishes and making waffles for you if you want. There is a hot choice that changes every day. The breakfast room can get crowded on an off morning, as it is small. I would expect the busy times can be really crowded. It is easy to find, as it is right on HWY 20. You have to drive to get to the downtown, but when we were there, it wasn't an issue. We didn't use the pool or water slide (actually I didn't see anyone ever using it).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Round Lake Beach, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The hotel itself was good. The pool area is very nice, and family oriented. There's more to do at this Country Inn than others we have stayed at. The room size was good, but the headboards could be dusted. The hot breakfast was typical. I have one issue with the staff though. We arrived and everything was going fine with our check in, when I asked if they had feather pillows and comforters. The clerk said yes and asked why and I told her my daughter is allergic to feathers. At the same time I motioned to my daughter. Both my teen daughters were standing off to the side by the stairs. The clerk leaned over the desk to look at my daughters and asked me which one. I looked at her and asked what difference is it? She leaned back and said that's too bad. She said they would have someone bring up other pillows and a blanket. Someone did bring that to our room, but seriously they couldn't afford two blankets? It was in the 30s last night. One thin blanket didn't cut it, considering the other bed had a down comforter.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Shawano WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

We planned a last minute trip to Galena in what we found out is one of the biggest weekends they have due to the County Fair event. Because the town was expecting thousands of people we bit the bullet and had a decent rate on Thursday night, but Friday night the rate was astronomical. It just seems so unfair that hotels almost gouge you in this way. The Country Inn and Suites was nice enough, but the queen beds had only 3 pillows instead of 4. The elevator was slow and the rear entrances (on the sides) were dark and creepy and the magnetic key didn't work ( luckily another guest let us in).
The breakfast was ok. I would stay here again but never during a prime weekend as the cost is not justified.

• Stayed October 2013
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Although this is a wonderful hotel with no complaints except the price. The only reason they hike up the price is because they have one slide in their pool and a small child pool. This is unique since no other Country Inn & Suites has this that I know of. But every year the cost gets higher & higher. My husband & I used to like to treat the grandkids for the night, but it's getting so expensive that with just a few dollars more, we can go to the huge waterpark hotels in Wisconsin.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites Galena? Share your experiences!