“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Galena
Indiana
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We were very pleased with the Country Inn. It was very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. She even gave us a suggestion for dinner and it was fabulous, The Log Cabin Steakhouse! It was a close proximity from downtown Galena and were even given hints as to where to park for our easiest access. We have found that Country Inn's are a 'safe chain' to stay at. We would certainly stay there again and I have recommended them to a co-worker.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from a weekend in Galena and surrounding area. For context my husband and I are from the Chicago burbs. We wanted a few days to get away for a quick trip. We live antiquing and there are soooo many places to antique from Freeport to Dubuque and beyond! When we vacation we stay in very high end hotels and resorts. As I looked at places to stay I was surprised at the price of the B&Bs in the area. Seriously? I don't mind spending money on a nice place to stay but this is Galena not the Easy coast.

I chose this hotel because of the reviews and I knew we wouldn't be spending a great deal of time at the hotel. It was perfect. It's just outside of the downtown. But we didn't care about that.

The hotel was newly remodeled, incredibly clean, wonderful service and a great breakfast. Clean is key. We were really pleased and happy with our stay.

The little strip in galena is cute but we aren't much into the stores there. Couple cute ones and the antique stores were cute. But I can only take so many gifty type stores.

Lots of food choices downtown and all were really good! Cannovas is always my absolute favorite.

At any rate, the hotel was perfect, great staff and all around good experience. Nice pool and hot tub. Little exercise room but it was fine. I would stay at the hotel again in a moment! You won't be let down. We are snobby travelers and this beats a B&B any day!

• Stayed September 2013
Wayland, IA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We came to Galena for a family weekend. My husband and 2 children (4 and 6) and I all loved this hotel. It is very kid-friendly. The service was excellent. Breakfast was delicious. The pool is great - big waterslide with a smaller kiddie pool/slide. Across the hall from the pool is a game room. There is a lending library in the lobby with books for adults and kids. The boys loved that! There are fresh cookies at the front desk each day and coffee is always available. The hotel was clean and very well kept. The only thing that would have made it 5 stars was for our room to have a fridge. We didn't have a suite so I'm sure that is why but there was plenty of room for the 4 of us. It is about a 5 minute drive to downtown Galena. There is a Culver's close and a Wal-mart next door in case you forgot something! Overall we had a great stay!

Room Tip: Pool is on the first floor. Lobby is on 2.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Aurora, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Wow my husband and I stayed here for one night and had a surprising fun time. We were greeted by 2 lovely ladies at the front desk, where homemade cookies are always available. Checked into a very nice clean and updated room with king bed. The front desk staff were helpful with directions and plans. The best part I think was that water slide in the pool. My husband had the time of his life going down it! I can't swim, so I can't speak on the matter! we did sit in the hot tub for a little but- that was nice! in the morning, we had a nice breakfast- nothing too fancy, but coffee, juice, cereal, egg option and waffle option. There was a nice lady clearing the tables and assisting. I would totally stay again!

Milton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Although they would not accommodate an early check-in the staff was very friendly. The room was good and the bed was very comfy. The waterpark (which consists of 1 slide, pool and hot tub) does draw a lot of families with kids. The hotel appeared to be fully booked due to the holiday weekend and breakfast was very crowded but selection was still good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Peoria, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

After staying at Stoney Creek every time we visit Galena, we though we would try something different. The hotel was fine, clean, staff was nice. Nothing really knocked our socks off. The highlights of this hotel were the breakfast (which was above average) and the pool that had a water slide. The hubby and kids loved that waterslide. This pool area also has a small kiddie pool with a tiny slide also (for those of you traveling with toddlers).

Room Tip: I would probably ask for a room on the main floor, especially if you are going to use the pool. The...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
North Mankato, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Galena is a great place to visit and this Country Inn was one of the best we have used. Very friendly staff, great service at breakfast, above average room, good bed. Great location, coupon book available at front desk.

Room Tip: we stayed away from the pool.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Inn & Suites Galena? Share your experiences!