“Best for Locals AND Tourists” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Rockford, Illinois
“Best for Locals AND Tourists”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I celebrated my birthday at Otto's place a couple weekends ago and it was unbelievable! My family has been there a number of times, but it is better every time. I am from Galena originally, and am familiar with many of the restaurants there. Let me assure you that Otto's is one of the best. For breakfast, lunch or dinner, it is always a great idea. Dinner entrees are the best, but I won't turn down an omelette. Kim was our server and she was great! John, the owner, was also helpful and accommodating. I want Dan to cook me every meal!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Fenton, Missouri
“good food, friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We ate lunch there twice in three days. Service excellent as was the food. We will be back on our next visit

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
“Excellent food in a great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I had three meals at Otto's this past weekend. The food was great and the staff are attentive and friendly. Banana bread french toast is delicious as is the stuffed french toast that is available on Sunday. For lunch I had a tasty chicken salad sandwich and all of the food at our table of four looked and tasted great! Deservedly Otto's was doing great business since there was a festival in a nearby park but the service and wait times did not suffer at all. Prices were reasonable and a wide variety of side dishes are available. The atmosphere fits very well with the whole Galena experience. The building is rustic but comfortable and the floors and other items in the building seem to be original. Don't miss Otto's when you are in Galena!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Highland Park, Illinois
“Average in every way”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Completely confused about the hype regarding this place. It's really just average in almost every way. The only aspect that isn't average, in my perspective, would be the cute little house in which it is situated. Also loved looking out across from the old train station, the river and a bit of Grant park.

The food, most importantly, was completely average. We had an order of the coffee cake which was okay but nothing extraordinary. I had the roasted vegetable and goat cheese frittata. I was really looking forward to it since I love goat cheese and roasted vegetables but it was seriously bland.

Service was fine but nothing remarkable. We ordered the food, it came, we paid. I am not sure that the waitress smiled or said one word more than necessary.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
“Quality Ingredients”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

As soon as you walk in the door the staff welcome you warmly (with a German accent). Busy place even at 1:30 p.m. Food was delivered very quickly and the warm ham and chees on a fresh pretzel bun was outstanding. Upstairs has a couple of couches to kick back in.

Visited October 2013