“Amazing food....so much so, I had to go twice!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Storm Lake, Iowa
“Amazing food....so much so, I had to go twice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Took a chance on this restaurant when looking for somewhere to eat breakfast while vacationing in Galena. I was not disappointed. I got there around 7am (time they opened) and no one else was eating there on this rainy morning. The staff was just a waitress and cook...very friendly and welcoming. The waitress was very conversational and gave us some tips on what to do around Galena during our stay. The food was excellent. Usually one thinks of food being greasy if it's from a "mom and pop café", but this food was not greasy or oily. I had the 2 eggs, toast and fresh fruit. My husband ordered the Pigs in a Blanket (pancakes with strips of bacon in the pancake) with eggs. No complaints here. In fact, I'm going back again tomorrow for another breakfast.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Chicago, Illinois
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The two people who waited on us were attentive and fun. The food was tasty and plentiful. I had their version of eggs Benedict and wondered if the cheese sauce would be too heavy. It wasn't and was excellent. Others had omelettes and French toast and more and we ate every bite. Highly recommend.

Visited July 2013
Milwaukee
“Start your day off right”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Fueled our bellies with a late breakfast at Otto's place before we walked to the historic sites of quaint Galena.

I had the banana bread french toast, an interesting twist that was more like a breakfast dessert! My partner had a turkey sandwich, which was fresh and delicious.

The dinner menu on the table looked interesting and if we didn't already have reservations at other restaurants on Main Street, we would have come back to Otto's.

When in Galena, give Otto's a try!

Visited June 2013
Collinsville, Illinois
“Less than I expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and I had breakfast at Otto's. It was good, but I guess the reviews and the word of mouth in Galena gave me the expectation of more. I had a ham and swiss omelet and it was very good as were the potatoes and sourdough toast. One important point- because it's located adjacent to the city parking lot there is no parking problem as there is at most Galena restaurants.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Waterman
“Cousin Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Excellent food! Just wish they stayed open later during the week. The Trolly operator told us to try Otto's. He was right!

• Visited July 2013