“If this was my first time, I wouldn't be back” 2 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 58 Restaurants in Galena
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub, Vegetarian, Chicken Wings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a local grassroots craft brewery using only the best of local ingredients...The only brewery in Galena, and the first to return to this historic brewing town in 80 years. We have ten beer styles on tap, regular & seasonal brews, best baked wings in Galena, salads and sandwiches menu & desserts. Kids menu too! We have taken strides to ensure that our table and bar service is excellent, and we are happy to report that our customer feedback now consistently reflects that quality. Brewery tours Friday and Saturday at 3pm and 5pm. Beer tasting flights and full bar. Live music and dancing each weekend Friday and Saturdays at 7:30/8pm. Football games on 82 inch and 55 inch screens with really cool surround sound. When the game is on...You are THERE man! We also have a 35 seat party room for hire.
Waterloo IA
“If this was my first time, I wouldn't be back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

On a Saturday afternoon (before 6 pm) my group of 5 gals walked in for a beer. We felt like we were a bother. When we did finally get someone to take our order it was very unfriendly. We felt like they did not want us there. Mind you, we didn't order any food, but if this had been my first time there I would never return. Maybe they were just having a rotten day. I was disappointed.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Navarre, Florida
“Good brew and food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Four of us came here for lunch. Two ordered local beers which I understand from their reactions and the quickness of the beer leaving the glass that it was good. We all had sandwiches which tasted good. I had the reuben and the portion was plentiful. I appreciated that the dressing was on the side. Considering there were very few customers besides us at the time, part of our four felt the time to get our food was longer than anticipated. We weren't in a hurry so that didn't bother me. It's a nice place with a good atmosphere that would probably be more noticed if we came later in the evening. Worth a second visit or more when back in the area.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vadnais Heights, Minnesota
“Good food, fabulous beer, and great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I loved sitting in the brewery, soaking up a little history, and had a very enjoyable lunch. I had a tasty pulled pork sandwich with sweet potato tots, and my husband had a bratwurst that was the best he's every had.

Visited August 2013
Saint Charles
“Great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I went with a group of female family members. I started off with a wedge salad which was very good. They also brought out a yummy fresh and hot beer bread with sweet butter. I tried some of my aunt's BLT which was very yummy, but a little heavy on the mayo. I had the chicken tortilla soup which was okay. A little too many tortilla strips. Everyone else enjoyed their food and beer and there was a nice atmosphere. It was also very clean. There was a band that started playing half way through our meal which made it a bit difficult to talk. Wish they would have started a bit later.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Storm Lake, Iowa
“Great Beer! Worth the visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Husband and I went to the brewery. He wanted to try the beers and got samples for free of each beer served there. He then decided to drink 2 pints of one kind that he liked. I am not much of a beer fan, but there were wine and mixed drink options, so I had a mixed drink. Nice atmosphere. Bartender was friendly and gave us good humored "crap" and joked with us. Reasonably priced pints...$3.50 per pint. Also have a nice small gift shop with items in it to purchase. I heard they have "wing night" and also live music that's good there, but we missed out on it as we went on nights when those events were not happening.

Visited August 2013