“Worth a peek.” 4 of 5 stars

Oak Brook, Illinois
7 attraction reviews
“Worth a peek.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Our older gentleman guide offered a fun perspective. A nice man, a pretty garden, an informative tour. If you like gardens, it is worth the visit. He offers a historical perspective as well.

Visited September 2013

Windom, Minnesota
4 attraction reviews
“Beautiful, so much to see”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We can recommend you take the time to view Linmar Gardens. Location is a bit hard to find and parking is minimal but it is worth the effort just to walk along the paths and hear the history of the gardens. A lot of planning and work went into the gardens, paths and water features. Sculptures and whimsical settings are lovely to see.

Visited August 2013
msggrl
3 attraction reviews
“Most romantic part of our Galena trip.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Gardens were lovely and tour guide was funny. It was clear to us a lot of love and backbreaking work created this garden. We forgot cash so my hubby went to get some while I stayed after to chat with Bob our tour guide. He was fascinating to talk too. Such a perfect date for my hubby and I on our ten year anniversary. Remember to wear shoes that can handle rocky terrain.

Visited July 2013
Dubuque, Iowa
“Absolutely a wonderful place to visit while in Galena!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I've been to Linmar Gardens both on a tour and as part of a wedding. I could list a hundred things that are wonderful about this place but I think each person will have their own list of nice things about the gardens after they visit. Their is something for everything there.

Please be aware that the gardens are private and are available by guided tour only. I think the tours are at 11 am and 2 pm.

As for the lone negative review I would have to think he was blind...or holding a grudge.

Visited June 2013
West Des Moines, Iowa
“A Peaceful Pause”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

While on a painting excursion to Galena, we took a tour of Linmar Gardens. What a visual feast with surprises at every turn along the garden path. We even got permission to return and spend a morning painting there. Well worth visiting.

Visited July 2013

Been to Linmar Gardens? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Linmar Gardens, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later