We spent 3 nights here over a long weekend. This is probably our 10th visit here and each time the resort gets better. Our one bedroom villa is perfect as we have a dog and even though she's quiet, I have peace of mind that she doesn't disrupt others. The front desk even gave the pooch a care bag at check-in that included gourmet dog biscuits, doggie bottled water, a stuffed eagle toy and the all important plastic bag for clean up!
The villa is clean and well appointed. We laughed at how often we received replacement towels and coffee. It was a pleasure to be taken care of. The Sunday brunch is perfect. The food is plentiful and varied and best of all, incredibly good! The setting is beautiful and relaxing. The service attentive but not overly so that you feel your privacy is at risk.
Overall, yes, it's pricey to stay there but you get what you pay for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa is located 150 miles west of Chicago in the heart of The Galena Territory, a 6,800 acre recreational, residential and resort community nestled amid the rolling hills of northwestern Galena, Illinois. Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa is a full-spectrum resort and showcases superior golf with 63 holes on four acclaimed courses which include the North Course; the South Course; the East Course (9-holes); and the resort’s crowning achievement, The General, with over 250 feet of elevation changes throughout the 18 holes. Lodging accommodations at Eagle Ridge are delightfully unique with 80 quaint Inn rooms and over 250 villas and distinctive homes to choose from throughout the property. For the resort’s corporate clients Eagle Ridge boasts 15,000 square feet of state-of-the-art meeting space, in addition to beautiful conference homes for small, elegant meetings. The entire facility is also the perfect venue for banquets, weddings and theme parties. Eagle Ridge offers three distinctive restaurants that include award-winning Woodlands Restaurant, along with Spikes Bar & Grill and Paisanos. Other amenities include the tranquil Stonedrift Spa, providing ten treatment rooms for a complete sensory experience, and a state-of-the-art fitness center with a beautiful indoor/outdoor pool, sauna and steam room. The property is the perfect backdrop to an incredible selection of outdoor activities including miles of biking, hiking and horseback riding trails, as well as tennis, hot air balloon rides, boating and fishing on the picturesque 225-acre Lake Galena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eagle Ridge Resort And Spa
- Eagle Ridge Hotel Galena
- Eagle Ridge Resort Galena