The resort is overrated and overpriced compared to other similar resorts we have visited. Beautiful location tucked in the woods with golf courses on the property; about 15 minutes from Galena. They have a variety of options from private villas to hotel rooms. We stayed in a courtyard hotel room, adjacent to the main hotel lodge. Our room was cozy, quiet and comfortable, with a small private balcony facing the woods; downside ares the furnishings are very dated and the level of cleanliness in the room was subpar. The hotel has a very small fitness room with dated equipment - it was very crowded and generally not clean. The spa was nice - but again it was very small and a bit dated. We had pedicures which were of poor quality for a spa - especially considering the price - but we heard many other guests raving about the massages. They did have a nice small lounge to relax in the spa. The restaurant and bar/lounge were a good size and food quality was very good, as was the service. On Friday nights they offer a free wine tasting which was a nice touch; nice fireplace. Front desk personnel were a bit cold and unwelcoming. Overall, probably a very good option if you want to stay on the golf course and golf or go skiing in the area, but I wouldn't recommend this hotel for their amenities.alone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa is located 150 miles west of Chicago in the heart of The Galena Territory, a 6,800 acre recreational, residential and resort community nestled amid the rolling hills of northwestern Galena, Illinois. Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa is a full-spectrum resort and showcases superior golf with 63 holes on four acclaimed courses which include the North Course; the South Course; the East Course (9-holes); and the resort’s crowning achievement, The General, with over 250 feet of elevation changes throughout the 18 holes. Lodging accommodations at Eagle Ridge are delightfully unique with 80 quaint Inn rooms and over 250 villas and distinctive homes to choose from throughout the property. For the resort’s corporate clients Eagle Ridge boasts 15,000 square feet of state-of-the-art meeting space, in addition to beautiful conference homes for small, elegant meetings. The entire facility is also the perfect venue for banquets, weddings and theme parties. Eagle Ridge offers three distinctive restaurants that include award-winning Woodlands Restaurant, along with Spikes Bar & Grill and Paisanos. Other amenities include the tranquil Stonedrift Spa, providing ten treatment rooms for a complete sensory experience, and a state-of-the-art fitness center with a beautiful indoor/outdoor pool, sauna and steam room. The property is the perfect backdrop to an incredible selection of outdoor activities including miles of biking, hiking and horseback riding trails, as well as tennis, hot air balloon rides, boating and fishing on the picturesque 225-acre Lake Galena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Booking.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eagle Ridge Hotel Galena
- Eagle Ridge Resort And Spa
- Eagle Ridge Resort Galena