“Lovely room, fabulous food and customer service second to none” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lion Hotel Llandinam

Lion Hotel Llandinam
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Llandinam
Lion Hotel Llandinam
You added Lion Hotel Llandinam to your Saves list
Llanidloes Road, Llandinam SY17 5BY, Wales   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Llandinam B&B and Inns
“Lovely room, fabulous food and customer service second to none”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Lion Hotel with my husband for a 2 night pre-Christmas break. We have travelled past the hotel on numerous occasions and thought what a shame it was that such a lovely old hotel had closed. We were extremely pleased at the start of the last holiday season to see that the hotel had re-opened and popped in for a drink. We enquired about the accomodation and the young lady we spoke to gushed with enthusiasm for the refurbished accomodation and the hotel in general; we therefore decided we would book our December break at the Lion Hotel. We have certainly not been disappointed. The room we stayed in has been tastefully refurbished to a high standard and has lovely views of the river, and mountains beyond. The restaurant is elegant with a relaxing atmosphere, and the food is outstanding. We had only planned to eat in the restaurant on the first evening however were that impressed with our meals we booked a table for the second evening. The owners and all of the staff were incredibly polite and friendly and made us feel very welcome. We had a plentiful and delicious breakfast both mornings. This is only the second review I have ever written however felt compelled to do so as I feel the owners and staff are very deserving of this feedback. Many thanks to all at the Lion Hotel; we look forward to our next stay in December '13.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
County Durham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Lion Hotel Llandinam for the weekend and I have to say that we had a very enjoyable time here. When we arrived the owner Jo was very polite and helped show us to our room which were very well decorated and had everything we needed, the rest of the staff were very helpful and polite. The first night we stayed we had a table booked for a meal in the restaurant, we were seated promptly, and when the started came out I couldn't believe how lovely it was, and I wasn't disappointed with the rest of the meal, I would expect to have food like that in a 5* establishment.
I can not think of a bad thing to say about the pub, even the toilets were very clean, and had recently been cleaned with the correct sign to caution you that the floor may be slippery as it was wet.
After our weekend stay here I would certainly recommend this to anyone looking for a relaxing stay away, my wife and I will certainly be going back for another stay in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
oliwill, Owner at Lion Hotel Llandinam, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
As proprietor of The Lion Hotel I am very disappointed with the recent posting of overall - just ok .I find this very damaging to our business as we have a extremely good reputation in the area for excellent quality fresh food and excellent customer service .If the customer had asked about the toilets then we have another three toilets on the same floor .We have just recently refurbished the building Lion Hotel which took a lot of hard work ,dedication and expenditure to get it to a high standard but we still have work in progress ie outside signage etc but this all costs money .Perhaps this person should have spoken to us before commenting on trip advisor .We have taken over a place that was boarded up ,created 19 jobs for local people and we are very proud!!!!!!!!!!!!! we have also just won Start up business award in Powys so that must say something !!!!!!
Isle of Lewis, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We were visiting the area and thought we'd have a light lunch. The outside of the building looks fine although the sign worded "open for food" looks and sounds rather down market! The bar area looks nice and the staff were very polite and friendly. We were surprised to see the menu which we felt was very over-priced, especially for lunch time which is usually much more casual than dinner. We both ordered fish and chips, which again seemed a little expensive,but when it arrived it was beautifully presented and well cooked ... a good point. After five minutes the waitress asked if our meals were alright so that was another good point. We thought that the drinks were fairly priced and good value for money ... so another good point. I visited the ladies room, there was just one toilet there and the floor had been recently washed but hadn't yet dried ... no sign about slippery surfaces ... and there was no hook on the back of the door to hang my handbag. This issue needs to be addressed promptly for safety reasons as someone who has poor eyesight could easily slip. This is the main reason for my rating the cleanliness as "average" and doesn't reflect the total cleanliness of the place as a whole. We will visit the area again but probably won't return to the Lion.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Stayed here on my own on first day walking the Severn way. Owners very attentive,recently refurbished room neat and well appointed. Evening meal was fresh and tasty, wine excellent. The breakfast wow. It was freshly cooked to order and perfect, enough for the largest appetite and set me up for the next lap to Newtown. Would recommend highly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed at the Lion for a business meeting the next day, the hosts at the Lion were very friendly and helpful, even offering to drop me off at my meeting location, even though it was in the same village.

Room was very tastefully decorated with modern bathroom and TV etc.

Breakfast very very tasty!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Newtown, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Booked table in restaurant well in advance but had to wait 45 minutes to be seated after arrival.
1st course of chicken liver parfait was a great slab of pate, average garnish and just 3 tiny crackers. Finished crackers with still more than half the pate left. Had to ask for some bread or toast and was given a dry hard bread roll. Main course of pan fried duck breast very disappointing. Skin was soft and barely coloured, flesh dry, tasteless and gristly, i think it may have been fried quite a while before and warmed up in the microwave. Inexperienced front of house staff. I conveyed my disappointment discreetly to the waiter who smiled, shrugged his shoulders then disappeared not to be seen again. Would have liked to make a night of it but left without sweet, coffee and further drinks. Although we live locally we shan't be going back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Lion Hotel Llandinam? Share your experiences!