“Home "Away" Sweet Home” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pine Motel

Pine Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fulton
Pine Motel
19020 13th Street, Route 84, Fulton, IL 61252   |
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Fulton
Houston, Texas
“Home "Away" Sweet Home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Take it its not your city top line motel your used to in a big city, but your not in a big city. Your in Fulton Illinois. I have to admit not looking much into it but after talking to Dave (the new owner) he mentioned he literally just bought the place. There will only one thing I'm going to complain is the showers where very small lol. But after talking with Dave he plans on making the showers bigger.
We work in refineries around the country so we spend 9 months of the year on the road. It is hard for us to feel the amenities of home comfort but Pine Motel did that and more. They set us up with great rooms for all our personnel without living any of them out (6 rooms).
They had older TV but after a few days coming back from work saw that Dave set up everyone with 32 in new LED TV's. His staff was great!
Dave and his staff and family were great to us! This is a perfect place to get away from the big city. Its a down to earth small town very, very, very friendly environment. If you stop by talk to Dave they try nothing but their best to accommodate you on your stay. With all the bad reviews don't worry their from the old management. I enjoy how friendly the staff was with us staying for a month in the motel.
And the price was INCREDIBLE! We walked in due to the prices but figured it was going to be a bad place we were very wrong this place was great!

Room Tip: Dont judge the place from the outside.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Des Moines, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I wanted a cheap place to stay when we were visiting my mom in Clinton. This was definitely the cheapest place we could find. While the room was very clean, it was very cold. The walls and floor were concrete and it was basically a concrete box. Even with carpeting on the floor, it was still cold. We had to turn the heat up very high to make the temperature bearable.

There was a mini fridge, a coffee maker, a microwave oven and a tiny TV. I wasn't expecting many amenities because of the low price of the room. There were two beds and they weren't very comfortable to sleep in. The shower and bathroom were both tiny and the sink had rusty-smelling water that you had to let run for a long time.

You could hear a little highway noise, but it was tolerable. I don't think I'd stay here again in the winter because it was so cold. Maybe in the summer it's not as bad. It's very clean and I've seen much worse places. The owners are very nice and friendly and the price was right. It was good enough for just one night.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I saw this hotel and told my husband to stop but when we looked at the rooms i felt like we were sleeping in a jail cell. Wouldnt stay there again to save my life. Once we got up and left we seen another hotel that wasnt even a block away, wish they would of told us about that one when we stopped and talked to the lady. Would of been alot more comfortable stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

You pay 50 dollars a night for practically a small rental house. The noise was not bad at all from the highway and it is very cozy. I highly recommend to stay here if to your around Fulton. A way better value than country inn and suites.

• Stayed July 2012
Alfred, Maine, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

Stayed for a weekend and was very happy with my stay. Very clean room, simple but well equipped kitchenette. The owner, Darlene was very friendly and took great care of us. My wife and I frequently stay at 'old school' 'car in front of your room' motels when touring in our MGB. This was a fine example of the genre. The decor is dated but that makes no difference when looking for an inexpensive place to stay. My only complaint would be the mattress was too hard for me. This however is a personal taste issue as other reviewers liked the beds because the mattress was so hard. I did not hear any truck traffic but there was a fair amount of boat whistles from the river one night.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Mineral Point
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

Mom & Pop hotel with excellent customer service, clean rooms - something we haven't seen in IL in the past 10 years of travels there. The rooms are small but great for our purpose. The place is for sale, but for our sake we hope it's not sold before August, 2012! We plan to stay there again next year when we visit the County Fair in Morrison. The owner put us and our friends in rooms next to each other which was great. Next year another couple plans to join us.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Winnipeg, Manitoba
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

We only stayed one night -- we were visiting my husband's elderly aunt in Morrison, IL, but we thoroughly enjoyed our one night at the Pine Motel.
It was a charming little place, and in a heartbeat, we would stay there again.
Doreen and Dennis

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Pine Motel? Share your experiences!