“Almost everything I could ask for” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Freeport
Kansas City, Missouri
“Almost everything I could ask for”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

We stayed one night and were very comfortable. We didn't like the fat feather pillows but can't complain because we later discovered that there were foam pillows up on the closet shelf. (We should have asked.) The breakfast selection is excellent, and the cookies at the front desk are a nice touch. There are quite a few restaurants in the area. It pays to ask about them at the desk, because some of the better ones are close but not immediately adjacent to the hotel. My main complaint is the bathroom design, which is common: the sink is in the same room with the shower, so that it steams up and cannot be used by one person while another is showering.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Michelle_mcneely, Assistant General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Freeport, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give a review of our hotel. I'm glad you were happy with your stay. The next time you stay please let us know you prefer different pillows and we will be glad to switch them out. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Freeport area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

If I have a choice of hotels, any Comfort Inn and Suites would be my first choice. There is no difference in this review from my review of the CI&S Galena IL. Staff is wonderful and friendly, rooms are spacious and clean, heating/AC units are not noisy, windows can be opened, water pressure great, tubs drain quickly and the hair dryers are clean. When was the last time you cleaned your hair dryer? It appears they do it often. For what I paid at a Baymont, I got more value at the CI&S than anywhere else. Rates are comparable.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Michelle_mcneely, Assistant General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Freeport, responded to this review, March 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. Thank you for the kind words about our hotel. We all are very proud of the staff and how well they keep up with the cleanliness, maintenance, and customer service.
We are glad we made your stay with us a good experience. We hope to see you next time you are in the area.
AGM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012 via mobile

I was recently in Freeport for work and stayed. At country inn, the hotel is immaculate and the staff is super friendly, Jami and Maggie are super friendly and very helpful. All hotels should have people like Jami and Maggie working at the front desk, these two young ladies made my stay at Country inn very pleasant.

• Stayed January 2012
Michelle_mcneely, Assistant General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Freeport, responded to this review, February 26, 2012
Thank you for the great comments about our hotel. I agree that Maggie and Jami is a great asset to our front desk. We have a wonderful staff throughout the hotel. We work well together to make sure the hotel is clean, well maintained and customer service is priority. I'm so glad that we were able to make your stay an enjoyable one.

Thank you again for taking the time to make your comments.

DeWitt, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

Once again I find myself doing a long-term visit in Freeport. The breakfast bar has upped the ante - they now have my favorite yogurt/strawberries/granola on a daily basis instead of occasionally. The staff seems to take memory lessons as I hear them greeting many people by name. It's clean and there's a computer at the front desk if you need to just jump on one for a second instead of booting yours up or hauling yours along.

Laundry facilities are clean and probably a better washer and dryer than I have at home...well, I guess this IS sometimes a second home, but having stayed at two other hotels here in town, this is the one I will always return to. Kay, Michele, Marilee, and Maggie will bend over backwards to help you with whatever it is you need. In my opinion, you won't be sorry you stayed. :)

Room Tip: I'm partial to the newer section of hotel, but that's just because it's away from the po...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Michelle_mcneely, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Freeport, responded to this review, February 1, 2012
Dear lokeytraveler
I'm so glad we can make you feel at home when you stay with us. Because we want everybody that stays with us to feel like we are their home away from home. Thank you for the great comments. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your return.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

Never judge a book by its cover, thats what mom always taught the seven of us growing up! Those words echoed true when driving into Freeport, IL...what a gracious community! I had never stayed at a Country Inn & Suites before and was plesantly suprised upon entering the hotel. Cookies at the check in counter after a two hour drive?!...YES Jackpot! What a reminder of home...
The lobby is so warm and inviting makes you want to sit and soak in the "country" decor especially for city folk. The staff at this hotel gets an "A" from me and my friends. You just dont get friendly service these days thats real. The rooms are clean and the beds are very compfy. We even called for extra towels (4 chicks in one room = lots of hair washing) and staff was nice enough to get them for us!..with a smile :)This hotel is clean and the breakfast has a good assortment. We will be back!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Michelle_mcneely, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Freeport, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
T P
Thank you for the great review. We are so glad we were able to make your visit to Freeport a happy experience. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

Freeport, IL is a small town but the Country Inn & Suites is just as good as any big city hotel. The staff are friendly, the rooms always have that fresh smell, and its always very relaxing. Fresh cookies at the front desk make the drive worth it. With a fireplace and sitting room right in the lobby. The hand soap feels like its made out of hand lotion. The beds sleep very well. I haven't tried any other hotel in town but when you've already had the best, why go anywhere else?

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Indianapolis area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

We were in Freeport for a family funeral and Country Inn & Suites was recommended. I would have to say this was the best hotel by far we have stayed at in a long time. The staff friendly, the building was immaculate as was the room. We used the hot tub and it also was very clean. The breakfast was extremely good with a wide variety of choices. Being a non-smoking hotel was a plus as we both have allergies. They also offer a senior rate discount.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites Freeport? Share your experiences!