“Noisy” 2 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Freeport, Illinois
“Noisy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

My wife and I wanted to have a romantic (quiet) night away from the kids. We were able to check in early. We were in a suite with a Jacuzzi, room 203. We should have realized there would be trouble when a group was having a party in the lobby, complete with hors d'oeurves. With the early check in, we were able to listen to everyone stop at the lobby, since our room was above the entrance drive. This was our first indication that the builders of this hotel had no interest in paying for insulation. We could hear everyone around us, conversations, Jacuzzis running, doors closing, toilets flushing, and even whether or not someone washed their hands. The children in the room above us were literally running races through the hallway. They were also jumping up and down in the room. During the evening, my wife realized someone’s dirty nylons were behind the nightstand (see picture). They were clearly visible without moving any furniture. My wife and I attempted to relax through hours of thumping from the floor above. We went to bed, wishing nothing more than a peaceful nights rest. Finally unable to stand the racket, I called the front desk and complained. The gentleman at the desk was nice and promptly went upstairs to give them a warning. This worked for about 10 minutes. Then the Jacuzzi started up again and they started stomping harder. Fed up, my wife and I checked out at 10:20 p.m. The gentleman at the desk was very apologetic and took all of our information down to report to his manager. He told us to expect a call from her tomorrow. Three days later, I called the manager. She told me the number she had was not working correctly, even though the man at the desk read it back to me as it should be. She then told me that it calmed down promptly at quiet time (10:00 p.m.) and we weren't patient enough. I informed her that at checkout time (10:20 p.m.), I watched several people racing up and down the hallway on the security monitor behind the desk. When confronted with this, the manager stated she could take $20 off of our room rate and that was the best she could do. I didn't feel that was enough for 1/2 night when it doesn't even bring the price down to a normal room rate. I got the impression from the manager that complaints are abundant and she just doesn't want to hear them. We were very disappointed with the hotel in general and the manager’s disregard for a complaint. We will not return or recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Drive farther into town and find a different hotel.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Nev_3, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Freeport, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
I am so sorry to have heard of your less than satisfactory stay while a guest of ours. Our goal is to ensure that every guest has a memorable and enjoyable stay and I am sorry that this was not your experience with us. I apologize for the service failures that you experience and I assure you that this is the exception and not the rule. We try to maintain a strict quiet time at 10pm and it appears that this proved difficult that particular evening.

I appreciate your feedback and I want to ensure that we make this right for you. Please call me to discuss a resolution that you will find satisfactory. I can be reached at 847-927-3030.

Jessica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Rockford, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

The room was clean enough, slight odor. The worst part about this experience was when I got the phone call from my credit card bank, telling me about the fraudulent charge to my account. Since the ONLY place in Freeport where I used that credit card was at the Baymont, I know exactly where I will never stay in future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
BaymontFreeport, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Freeport, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your day to review our hotel. I apologize that your stay was anything less then satisfactory. In this business, we do not tolerate any type of stealing. We ask that you please contact the General Manager to get this issue resolved, if you have not done so already. Again, thank you.
Shelby
Assistant Manager
Atmore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We had an excellent time, the house keeping staff did an excellent job keeping our room clean and plenty of towels.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

BaymontFreeport, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Freeport, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
We appreciate you doing a review for our hotel. We are pleased to hear that our housekeeping staff was beyond excellent and they kept your room neat and well stocked. Our staff strives to make our hotel as neat and clean as possible so all of our guests can enjoy their time without worry while they are staying here.
Shelby
Assistant Manager

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Freeport? Share your experiences!