“Pleasant experience!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Freeport

You added Super 8 Freeport to your Saves list
Super 8 Freeport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1551 S Sleezer Home Rd, Freeport, IL 61032 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Freeport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Freeport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
St. Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed at this hotel while on a solo family history trip. I booked online, and my room was ready and waiting the evening I arrived. The room was as promised. It was clean and rather large. The hotel had a cart to help me tote my bags up to the third floor (using elevator). Without the cart, it would have easily taken me 3 trips between car and room, so I was glad to have access to it. The clerk at the desk helped me with some restaurant suggestions, which was nice. A good selection of chain restaurants and local eateries is not far up the road.

I want to give this hotel an "excellent" rating, but there were a few things in the room in disrepair; enough that I must stick with "very good." For one, the TV remote didn't work at all (batteries?). Two of the electrical outlets only had one plug that was functional. There was no outlet accessible near the desk, so I had to set my laptop up on a chair close to a working outlet. (Next time, I'll remember an extension cord.) The refrigerator froze my water and milk bottles solid overnight. Finally, there was a loose panel hanging off the front of the counter in the bathroom.

All of that said (and all of those things I consider to be minor issues), this was a comfortable room. The bed was comfy, the shower was great with good water pressure and plenty of hot water, and the heating unit worked well (it was in the 30s overnight outside). I didn't need the extra blanket at all, and I'm usually cold. I also felt safe in the room, and was able to block any outside light with the curtain that hung properly over the window. I need darkness to sleep well, and so often hotel room curtains don't completely cover the windows or block the parking lot lights. This one did.

I wasn't able to sample much of the free breakfast as I had early mornings and little time, but I grabbed a banana (good, fresh ones) and noted a clean breakfast area with fruit, cereal, yogurt, and some baked goods.

I would recommend this hotel, and I would consider staying here again. Thanks.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
st louis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

They need to update the furnishings and get new beds. Bed is very firm! Overall pretty quiet and room clean. Staff friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We arrived late and left early so did not spend much time there and did not check out much
and grabbed take out breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

FARMINGTON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Very clean, friendly staff, good breakfast....bed's are very firm, kids were noisey but over all great stay!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

WAUWATOSA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

This is a revised version of my original post. Upon my arrival, I received no greeting from the front desk person and very little interaction. My room lacked attention to detail with a light burned out, no pot for the coffeemaker, lot of ice formed around the freezer compartment of the refridgerator and other little things. When the owner, read my review on TripAdvisor, he immediately contacted me. He was very apologetic about the little issues I had during my stay and sincerely wanted to "make things right" by me. He offered me a very satisfactory credit to my credit card for my inconvenience and was interested in retaining my future business. He assured me the problems I had would be addressed with his staff. Things do go wrong and problems do occur but when how things are handles makes all the difference in the world. I would gladly stay here again and highly recommend those with pets to do so as well. During our stay, there were many quiet, well-behaved show dogs and owners present that were made to feel welcome. Rooms and grounds were clean and felt safe.

Room Tip: Non-smoking rooms are closest to the elevator and smoking rooms are at the end of the corridors.