My girlfriends and I were going to take a few days vacation to Chicago. We were looking for a hotel that was a little cheaper that didn't cost an arm and a leg for parking! While this Comfort Inn had a nice room and very good staff, the overall experience made us wish we would have picked another hotel.
We looked for a hotel with shuttle service to the O'Hare airport so we could take the train into the city. This shuttle service was probably the worst I've ever seen. It was supposed to run on the hour every hour. The first day we had to wait 30 minutes for it to come because he had decided to eat something. The van was disgusting with a banana peel and apple core underneath some of the seats. When we arrived back at night, we had to wait 45 minutes even though we had called a half hour before we would arrive at the airport to let them know. It was just very confusing and frustrating to have to wait that long. We ended up driving the next day into the city instead of using the shuttle again.
Upon check out I discovered that I was charged an additional $45 for hidden taxes and fees that was not quoted online. One of those charges was parking, after we had specifically looked for a hotel that had "free parking."
The staff was friendly and the rooms were very clean and nice but I feel it was these inconveniences that made us all wish we had stayed at another hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The pet-friendly BEST WESTERN PLUS O'Hare International South Hotel in Franklin Park, Illinois is just few minutes away from O'Hare International Airport. Our O'Hare Airport hotel provides O'Hare Airport shuttle service to and from the airport 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our hotel is situated about four miles from the Donald E. Stephen Convention Center, Rosemont Theatre and Allstate Arena. Attend a business conference, hear a Broadway musical performance or cheer the hockey team at a game near our hotel. Experience Chicago's renowned shopping at the nearby Fashion Outlets of Chicago, or make a wager at nearby Rivers Casino in Des Plaines. Explore the Windy City during your stay and make the short drive or train ride to well-known things to do in Chicago such as Rosemont Walk, The Magnificent Mile(R), Navy Pier and Wrigley Field. Start your work or sightseeing day right with our complimentary hot breakfast at our community table or a table for two, both featuring comfortable seating. Ask our knowledgeable team members for restaurant recommendations and transportation options. Each of our comfortable king or queen size bedrooms is equipped with free Wi-Fi, desk or activity table and flat screen HDTV. Consider an upgraded room with mini-refrigerator and microwave oven. Enjoy the comforts of home and friendly service at the BEST WESTERN PLUS O'Hare International South Hotel, offering a convenient location and access to downtown Chicago via the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS O'Hare International South Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn o`Hare South Hotel Franklin Park
- Comfort Inn Franklin Park
- Franklin Park Comfort Inn