“Very accommodating staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS O'Hare International South Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS O'Hare International South Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS O'Hare International South Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3001 N Mannheim Rd, Franklin Park, IL 60131 (Formerly Comfort Inn O'Hare South)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Franklin Park
Kennesaw, Georgia, United States
“Very accommodating staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

This hotel is very well run from the managers to the staff.

I am a Platinum Choice Club Member. My work territory includes Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, and now Illinois.

I have stayed here a total of 4 nights and have had very good service every time.

This past week I had a special request from the staff that I even felt was asking too much.

I called ahead and told them that I would need them to accept 33 (4foot tall) boxes for me. They said it would be no problem at all and UPS delivered.

I told them to call me the second the boxes came and they did. They had all 33 boxes waiting for me when I arrived in the entrance way.

Solely because of their help, I was able to maximize to work trip.

Every member of this staff helped.

The beds are comfortable and the rooms are large.

I will be staying here on my future trips to IL.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Wabash, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

My family and I stayed here on an overnight trip to Chicago. Staff was very friendly upon check-in. Our room was clean and the beds were comfortable with extra pillows. The pool and hot tub area was clean and had extra towels so that you didn't have to use the ones from your room. Breakfast was good, but it would have been nice if the tables were a little bigger. They were the right size for a couple of people, but was kind of crowded with a family of four. Overall, we had a very pleasant stay and would consider staying here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Anchorage, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

My reservation was pre-booked and pre-paid but upon arrival neither the type of room or location of the room was honored. Their door security system is not reassuring. You can only enter the hotel thru the main entrance. All of the exterior key card readers are either disabled or broken. I was given a handicapped room ont he fourth floor even though the location was clearly not full. The room was on the back side of the highway so was quiet. Would only stay there again if I had to. Staff spoke little English and were not helpful. Pool looked clean.

Room Tip: Do not leave anything of value in your car. Ask for a room away from the traffic side of Mannheim R...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

We stayed here a week ago because of a death in our family. We arrived on a Monday night and our son with his family came a day later.
I don't know if it was the fault of Expedia, but there was confusion with our reservation when we checked in. The night clerk, Margaret/Gossia(?), was very apologetic while trying to figure it out. She let us check in, even though the billing issue was not resolved.
The next evening, when my son arrived, another night clerk was very curt and somewhat rude. I did not get her name, but she had a difficult time finding his reservation. Left us with a bad impression of their customer service.
Breakfast was pretty average...cereal, small pastries, biscuits with gravy and sausage.
Room was plain, but clean. Only one dim light in bathroom and no vent to dissipate the steam. Shower made high squealing sound while running.
This is a fine hotel for a business person who just needs a place to sleep after a long day. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone else.If I didn't get a discount from AARP/Expedia, I wouldn't pay the full room rate for this hotel.
It's about 10-15 minutes from O'Hare airport.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Joliet, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

I stay there usually 2-3 times a year and always enjoy this place. I travel there for business, because they are located only 10 minutes from O'hare where I work. I always ask for the room away from the street to avoid the noise. The room is always excelent. Sometimes I get a chance to use their swimming pool and the jacuzzi. There is always free and fast internet access. The breakfast is also great with many choices. My favourite items are wafles and their biscuits and gravy. The front desk service is excelent, you should ask for Monica she will take good care of you. Also they work with Victoria resteurant which serves great food and ofers discounts for Comfort Inn guests.

Room Tip: Hint: They have great weekly deals!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I was on a school trip to Chicago with 52 kids and adults. We had reservations at the Country Inn & Suites in Bensenville, Illinois. When we arrived at the Country Inn & Suites, they informed me that they had overbooked. the Comfort Inn not only gave us 12 rooms at the last minute, but they also honored our group rate from the other hotel. In the morning, the breakfast was hot and ready even with the addition of 52 unplanned guests. The rooms were clean and nice. I was very impressed. they even went out of the way to accommodate our Diesel Bus parking needs. I will definitely recommend and use them again. Thanks so much, Heather!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for Heather. She is a lifesaver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

We stayed one night here while in Chicago for a half-marathon race. The room itself was clean and appeared to be updated. The bed was comfortable. The hallways and elevator were more worn and dirty. The pool area and fitness room were very outdated. In fact, I would not plan on working out if you stay there. They have about 3 pieces of equipment and it is very old. Breakfast was standard. For some reason the hotel room walls seemed to let more sound through than most hotels we've stay in. We could hear conversations clearly of our neighbors. This hotel is adequate for an overnight stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS O'Hare International South Hotel? Share your experiences!