“Wonderful hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Illinois
“Wonderful hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Wow!! What a beautiful hotel. Stayed here on a Friday night just my husband and myself. Have never stayed in a Homewood Suites before and were we ever surprised! The lobby was beautiful with a huge fireplace and TV. Wonderfully decorated.
Our room was on the 2nd floor about halfway down the hall. Could not believe how large the room was. Complete kitchen with dining table and couch. HUGE shower with separate sink area. Very comfortable bed and pillows. Not sure how old this hotel is but everything looked extremely new and clean.
The only problem we had was with families with small children letting them play on the elevator and running, screaming down the halls. Not the hotels fault though.
Cannot say enough nice things about this hotel. Would definitely stay here again and am anxious to try another Homewood Suites in another city.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Belvidere, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

A comfortable place for a good price! Breakfast was delicious, and the room was extraordinarily comfortable. It was clean and the bed was nice and soft. Even the sofa bed was awesome.

My family and I only had one problem: We were in Suite 137, right next to the pool, so that huge pool party that group of girls had at 10 at night? Yeah, we could hear that. I think they had an boom box or something because, even though my parents managed to pass out before the party started, I was still awake doing some work on a laptop, and I could hear "Call Me Maybe" playing as if the radio was right next to me.

Other than that, I had a wonderful time and the staff was amazing! c:

Room Tip: Rooms near the pool are sorta noisy.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Columbus, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on a busines trip.
Hotel and room very clean. The staff was friendy.
We used the excercise room and it was well equipped and clean. We did not use the indoor pool but, stepping inside the pool area, it was also clean.
The breakfast was a standard continental set-up. The food was warm and plenty available.
It was very nice that this hotel also offer complementary meal in the evening. We did not eat there but would like to try at a future visit.
The only reasons I did not give it 5 stars is becasue the location is a bit of a drive to downtown and Millikin University. The staff was nice but the front desk person seemed a bit bored and could have been a friendlier. However, I can imagine it would get boring.
Those are minor details and I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Garland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We had a roomy one-bedroom suite with a kitchenette. It was very clean, quiet and well-kept. The staff was friendly and helpful. We had a pleasant breakfast at the hotel before we checked out. We would stay here again and would recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Knob Noster, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed in a studio suite for 5 nights on a business trip. I was on the second floor, and although I mostly had a rooftop view, the room was very spacious with a large fridge, dishwasher, microwave and cook top. The bed was very comfortable; the tub/shower and commode room was a little small, but very clean. The entire hotel was extremely quiet! I used the elliptical in the exercise room twice--I thought the exercise room was larger than typical. The hotel serves breakfast 7 days a week and a light dinner Mon-Thurs. The breakfast was the best I have had at a hotel in a very long time. There were usually eggs, some type of potatoes, a meat and then something different like cherry turnovers or breaded chicken sandwiches. On top of that, there was individually boxed cereals, breads, bagels, pastries, yogurt, fresh fruit, pop tarts, breakfast bars, juice, etc, etc. The dinners were not as impressive as the breakfasts, but still very appreciated. The location was great, since the mall was just across the street which gave me something to do in the evenings. I can recommend this hotel without hesitation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

worth the extra to have the extra room and comfort great choice of restaurants and next to a shopping center and interstate access. Staff was helpful pool was well kept and clean with a spa.
Workout room had avalaible machines at am or pm times. Great selection of nespapers and books for reading pleasure. Missed the evening reception but the dinner appeared appetizing.

Room Tip: king bed and first floor location was just right
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Champaign, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Great value for what you get in hotel's physical appeal, amenities, and customer service. We had the studio suite which was larger, more inviting and aesthetically pleasing than I anticipated - and I was already ancitipating a lot because several of my colleagues had already told me how nice it was. Another super benefit is that it's within walking distance of the mall, movie theater, and restaurants (and even more restaurants within less than a five minute drive).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Homewood Suites Decatur-Forsyth? Share your experiences!