“Great Food and Quaint” 5 of 5 stars

708-798-3220
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Flavor Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Flossmoor
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Gov Hwy
Transit: Metra stop three blocks away at the Olympia Fields stop.
Description: Flavor Restaurant is an eclectic restaurant not only in cuisine, but also in entertainment. We have karaoke on Thursday night, and live music on Friday and Saturday. Well known for the breakfast offerings so we gave in and added breakfast to the dinner menu! The cuisine is a really hip mixture of Cajun, Caribbean and American. The concept is really simple -- fresh food made with various herbs and spices. Oh so "Flavor-ful".
Park Forest, Illinois, United States
“Great Food and Quaint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Excellent mixture of southern, Cajun and Creole style food. Tantalizing blend of flavors which are indicative of the restaurant's name, I presume! Small restaurant, nice ambiance, friendly servers, live Jazz on certain nights and more than enough food serving wise. It was a very good choice for my birthday breakfast with my family!

• Visited August 2013

“Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I like this restaurant. The food is good and the music is good. Sometimes the music is live. The menu is southern but the food has a kick. I love the shrimp and grits.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
“Great Restaurant...Great breakfast food...Dont go during busy times”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My mother and I went to breakfast on a sunday morning and it was pretty busy. The wait wasn't long, however, it took some time for the server to get to our table. Nonetheless, once the server came, the server was great and so was the food. The food was reasonable as well.

The important part, the food.

The Salmon Croquette's, eggs and potatoes - PHENOMENAL...great sauce on the side and just overall a good meal and the croquette's were cooked to perfection.

The $12.95 Shrimp and Grits meal was also VERY GOOD. I get this all the time, best shrimp and grits that you can eat, full of flavor, well seasoned shrimp with plenty of sauce and cheese, etc. The presenation with the garnished lemon and parsley looked great.

The Peach Cobbler pancakes were also VERY GOOD. It came with the peach cobbler juice to pour on the pancakes as well as the pancake syrup and it made for a GREAT stack of pancakes.

The red velvet pancake was good, but I'm not too fond of it. Let me be clear, they're good pancakes, I'm just not a fan, I think that they could be sweeter but it's good. Get them.

Overall, great restaurant, typically good service...Will be back.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago, Illinois
“Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner -- good anytime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Although it has been around for a while, I just recently started going to Flavor, and oh my gosh ... what I've been missing. I was really impressed that they had the stone ground corn grits that you mostly find in New Orleans. Just about everything on the menu is great, and can have your head swimming as to what to order. For breakfast, or frankly anytime of the day, you can't miss with the sweet potato pancakes. They are so good you don't even need syrup. The fried chicken wings and waffles (sweet potato...pleasee!) are very tasty. Even if you are watching your calories, their grilled chicken salad with this amazing soy dressing would even satisfy your taste buds. Mostly everything I've ordered has been great, with the small of exception of the shrimp and grits, but that's because I don't like a lot of sauce -- but again the grits ... mmmmm...and you can ordered them "loaded" which means they add cheddar cheese, pork bacon and green onions.

On Thursday, Friday and Saturday they have a live jazz band. I haven't got a chance to go there during those times, but I've heard its really nice.

The staff is very friendly and accommodating, and the prices are a little high but you get a good amount of food. I always take food home. If you decide to go on Sunday or Saturday morning, expect to wait for a seat. The restaurant is kind of small, but its worth it.

• Visited January 2013
Chicago
“Great Food and Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My BF and I recently had dinner at Flavor. The smothered shrimp and grits (loaded=bacon cheddar cheese and green onion) was the BOMB!!! The drinks were good as well but a little pricey. The atmosphere is great for couples enjoying a romantic evening. We were there on a Sat. night so there was a live Jazz band. The only down side is the place is small so seating can get a little tight. Overall, I would definitely go back again!

• Visited January 2013