I just had to write after reading the last review (February 2008) as I feel it is completely unfair and misrepresents the holiday experience that is the Sandy Beach Resort.
My partner and spent an idyllic week at Sandy Beach last August in fact it was so perfect we even got engaged there so it will always be special to me. Until you actually get there and experience the Hai'pai Islands it is incredibly difficult to describe as there are few places on earth quite like it. It really is beautiful, unspoilt and you feel and are completely in the middle of nowhere.
The fale's were spotless and the grounds were as lovely and as tidy as what you can expect in a remote corner of the south pacific. The beach was absolutely beautiful, long, white and sandy and the water was warm, blue and as clear as crystal. We spent six perfect nights sitting on the terrace of our fale watching the sun go down over the ocean and scanning the horizon for whale blows.
Yes, dinner was at seven o'clock every night but it was a lovely communal affair we spent our evenings dining and conversing with other guests from far flung corners of the world including the USA, Italy, New Zealand. The food bearing in mind we were in the middle of the South Pacific and the friendly people in neighbouring villages lived on what they could grow, was amazing and a true testament to the resort being able to source good quality produce - need I go on.
Jurgen and Boris were perfect hosts and did their best to ensure everyone had the holiday and experience of a lifetime. I will always remember our holiday in the Hai'pai islands fondly and long to go back there someday.
If you want to experience the South Pacific how it used to be and have a Tongan experience like no other go to the Sandy Beach Resort, if you want swim up bars, happy hours and all you can eat restaurants go and talk to your local travel agent.
- Also Known As:
- Sandy Beach Hotel Ha`Apai Islands
- Sandy Beach Hotel
- Sandy Beach Resort Tonga/Foa Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled right on the most beautiful beach, Sandy Beach Resort consists of only 12 absolute beachfront Bungalows, so privacy and solitude is guaranteed. All Bungalows have spacious ensuites with solar powered hot water showers and a furnished private terrace facing the ocean.The beach is just footsteps away from the door. The perfect place to relax, unwind and recharge. No crowds, no queues, no TV, no nightclub … pure island life ! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Sandy Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.