“Extremely dissapointed and manager was very rude.” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 11 hotels in Fairview Heights
Chicago, Illinois
“Extremely dissapointed and manager was very rude.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

We stayed here awhile back and the room was on the second floor. The lobby of the hotel was beautiful and we thought this was going to be a great place to stay. I was surely dissapointed! The room smelled like a dirty dingy basement, lighting is terrible in the room and the carpet was very stained! There were also dead flies sitting among the window sill. When I called the front desk they just apologized and offered to come to the room to get the flies. I don't usually like to make a fuss so I just cleaned the window sill myself. However, when I brought it to the Managers attention in the morning at check out she was very apathetic of our complaints and gave us an "oh well" attitude. My attitude of this situation is "oh well I won't stay here again."

Room Tip: Better options of hotels in the area. Choose one of them!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

93 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

It was excellent service - the staff was super nice. Nice, quit and clean room with a breakfast in the morning. Room was large, king bed cormftable.
The breakfast could use a little bit more choice (like whole grain bagle or plain yogurt)
but on the good side, there was a lot variety, cold or hot options.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel. Quiet, clean, comfortable. Good breakfast. Nice and trustworthy staff.

I had forgotten to put the "do not disturb" sign up when going down to the pool with my kids. When I came back up they were cleaning the room and my purse and my $10, 000 diamond ring were still where I left them.

Only negative I can think of is the pool is small. But the water was nice and warm...

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

The room we stayed in for six nights was pretty clean overall, but the carpet looked as if it hadn't been vacuumed very well and because I saw some dried rose petals on the carpet, I wanted the room to be vacuumed so my cat would not eat them. I feel that a vacuum that has attachments would be the best to vacuum well close to the bed frames and under the sofa and chair as when we looked under those, there were some debris underneath. We enjoyed being on the top level and the nice treed pasture view. Again, very appreciative that cats are allowed as we can not always find daily care for our cat when on vacation.
Our concern in the bathroom is that there was not enough water pressure coming from the sink faucet and the water comes out as a spray- annoying too tha the water took awhile to be warm enough to wash hands in. We were explained why and that there is a sink filter, but there needs to be more water flow. The shower was nice.
The walls seemed thin as we heard several TVs on from nearby rooms at late hours- thankfully, the room fan blocked out most of the noise.
The breakfast had plenty of options- happy to see kashi cereal offered one of the mornings. The woman worker was very nice and helpful offering the bus map from the lobby for nearby attractions. The juice did run low as we tended to come later close to 9:45 breakfast as too busy earlier. The size of the breakfast area was larger than most we've seen which was nice.
We would probably return to this hotel- we have been please with comfort suites on other travels- a concern that the hallway carpeting be replaced as many large spots. We didn't see any spots on the carpet in our room- the carpeting looked newer and a dark shade.

• Stayed October 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Comfort Suites always give me a good room with a fridge, microwave and comfortable beds. However, this hotel is still using the older A/C units and our had to be unplugged a number of times to reset the compressor.

Location is great for shopping and restaurants are within walking distance with a giant mall on the other side of the Interstate.

Room Tip: 1st Floor has a nice pool for the kids...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
El Dorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed here Sept 26. Stay went great in the beginning with fresh chocolate chip cookies at the front desk at check-in. The room looked OK, but the TV remote was sticky, the room air-conditioning was causing it to be very humid in the room and was very loud. The 1-cup coffee maker was grungy inside the little drawer for the coffee bag. The furniture was sticky when you touched it too. I really think a lot of the problems were due to the high humidity in the room. Made it uncomfortable for sleeping as well as even getting ready in the morning. Also, the only outlet in the bathroom did not work. I didn't bring a hair dryer since the room had one and so I was depending on the room hair dryer. Fortunately I always bring a 10' extension cord and was BARELY able to run it from the room into the bathroom to plug in the hair dryer. We told the front desk so hopefully they fixed it after we left. Probably won't stay in this Comfort Suites again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Geneseo, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I have stayed here multiple times on business and had another good experience. Room was clean and I always appreciate the fridge and microwave in the room instead of having to head down to the lobby to us a microwave.

Internet connection was good and had no trouble connecting to it. There are plenty of restaurants close by. Much easier to get across the highway if you head East to the end of Ludwig and turn left (south).

Staff were very friendly on check-in and recognized my diamond level (which is always nice) with the Choice Hotels chain.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!