“A little disappointing” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 11 hotels in Fairview Heights
O'Fallon, Missouri
“A little disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stay at this hotel twice a year for a minimum of 2 nights and usually 3 or 4 nights. Stayed there this past week and we were a little disappointed. We arrived and were able to get the room that we like so we started out well. That night we noticed that there was something on the curtains that appeared to be throw up. We told the front desk that we realized that they probably could not change them for our stay, but they should make a note of it for when we left. We also noticed that our door did not latch without being pulled shut and told the front desk of that also. We got back the next day and out door was open due to the fact that the maid assumed that it just latched. This was a little alarming. They made a note of it and said that they would put in a maintenance request. Still not fixed as of check-out 3 days later. I also realized that the refrigerator did not work after putting my leftovers in there for the following days meal. I was told they did not have another one to give me. This added to my expense as I was not able to bring my leftover dinners back to have for lunch for the remaining days. This just was not the level of service that I have previously gotten at this hotel. Will have to rethink the next stay. Management did not seem to care about the problems.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

93 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed here on business 22 Aug. Got in late. The guy on duty was very friendly. Bed was very comfortable. Room has microwave, refrigerator, safe, closet and small seating area with couch. The room was very clean as well as the shower; towels were fluffy. The shower passed my test of no standing water in the tub when you take a shower. A little mold or discoloration around the edge or the tub. Carpet has a couple of small stains, but still looks nice and clean. Has small indoor pool, has work out room, vending machines, nice lobby; breakfast was good. If you need a nice clean place to stay while traveling this is a good bet. Oh and no bed bugs.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 128. It has a small seating area with a couch, chair and a work desk. King size b...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Aurora, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Found great deal on this hotel online. We were going to drive to Busch Stadium. Staff told us about Redbird Express, about 1/2 mile from hotel. Bus was $5 round trip and took us right to the stadium.
Room was very clean and beds were comfortable. Complementary breakfast was more than adaquete.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here in the past and I will be back. This is a great clean comfort suites!! It is very convent to any type of food you would want. Close to St Louis just a short twenty minute ride. The staff that I had contact with we're all very friendly. The rooms are clean, beds comfortable. Yes there is some carpet staining in the hallways however the carpet in my rooms we're all very clean and I could walk around barefooted comfortably. The air in my room worked great and water pressure was good. I truly appreciate the housekeeping staff here as anytime I ran out of something it was replaced without my having to go ask and chase down tissue or soap coffee ect.... The young man who worked double duty every day on setting up breakfast and the front desk was very nice and helpful and nice to speak to in the early morning. Just a good overall stay. As far as the pool I never used but folks seem to enjoy it. Quiet area too.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Booked 2 nights here for a youth baseball tournament. Front desk clerk told us what time we had to check out by in case we got eliminated on day 1. We got eliminated, checked out. Got billed for 2 nights. I called and Manager stated what policy is on check out.I stated what her employees told me. I was basically told tough.

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Found great deal on this hotel online. We were going to drive to Busch stadium for ball game but hotel staff gave us directions to metro link train about 4 miles away. 5 of us caught train for $20 and it took us to within 1 block of stadium. Takes about 20 minutes to stadium. Very easy. Only bad thing about hotel was that our room had various stains on carpet.

• Stayed July 2013
Glenpool, Oklahoma, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is in a location with a wide variety of restaurants in the general area. Just off of I-64 so good location. The staff was very helpful (even when busy). We had a good clean, comfortable room and the kids enjoyed swimming in the pool. Breakfast had a good variety of foods so a nice way to start the day.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!