“A solid choice for a good night's stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Fairview Heights
Sarasota, Florida
“A solid choice for a good night's stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

My husband and I drive through St. Louis on our way to and from Sarasota each year. This year, we choose the Comfort Suite in Fairwview IL which is just to the east of the city. . This property offers a large and welcoming lobby , seperate breakfast room , warm cookies and two public computers. Our room was spacious with a comfortable King sized bed, stylish furnishings, a very well equipped desk, sofa, flat screen TV. There was a choice of channels including HBO and other primium channels. In addition, there was a microwave, mini refrigerator and safe in a stylish cabinet. The air conditioning was cool and refreshing. The carpets were plush and clean both in the room and in the hallways. The bathroom was large with granite countertops, a bath tub and large fluffy towels.
Breakfast was the usual hotel fare, but there was fresh fruit available.
This property has an extra bonus as it backs up to a dairy farm and we were treated to a view of a lovely meadow and cows instead of the highway . This was available in the even numbered rooms, so be sure to ask for one of those.
This is a solid choice for a really comfortable night.

Room Tip: ask for an even numbered room for a view of the farm
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
FVHComfortSuites, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 1, 2011
Thank you so much for your review on our hotel! I am glad to hear that your stay was comfortable and everything was perfect for you! Here at the Comfort Suites we offer many amenities that fit the needs of many of our valued guests. We are also glad to hear that you enjoyed the lovely view of the pasture in the back of our hotel! We have many requests for that view! Once again thank you for your review about our hotel and we hope that when you are in the St. Louis area again that you choose to stay at the Comfort Suites of Fairview Heights, Illinois!

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Kilbourne, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

The hotel was great for the price. Lots of restaurants and shopping close by. The area transit district offers a Redbird Express from the mall parking lot to commute fans to the game for $5.00 round trip per person! Highly recommend this. The rooms were very large and clean. The only thing I noticed was a huge "dust bunny" hanging near the fire sprinkler in our room, but otherwise the room was great. Very modern and up to date. Bed was comfortable and offered tons of extra pillows.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
FVHComfortSuites, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, August 27, 2011
We greatly appreciate your review of our hotel! Like I have said before our hotel is located in a prime area of Fairview Heights, Illinois! Our housekeeping department strives to keep our valued guests' as comfortable as possible! I will pass this comment along to our Executive Housekeeper so that they may be able to pay attention to closer detail when it comes to dust. I am pleased that you enjoyed all the pillows we offer in each of our suites! We look forward to seeing you again and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!
Beverly Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

We have been traveling through the St. Louis area for many years and this is the hotel we always stay at. The staff is very nice and the rooms are great. There are many wonderful restaurants and shopping nearby. The price is reasonable. I would highly recommend this hotel. Rooms 218 and 318 are right off the elevator, have two queen beds and plenty of room. It's a great stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
FVHComfortSuites, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 16, 2011
Thank you for your review! I am glad to hear that you choose the Comfort Suites of Fairview Heights as your stop while in the St. Louis region. Our hotel is located in a prime area with a lot of restaurants and activities within walking distance of our hotel. As Guest Services Manager I take pride in my front desk staff and the jobs they do so well. I am always thrilled to hear great responses about them and will pass this comment along to them so that they become aware of a job well done! We enjoy the fact that you have your own favorite rooms here at our hotel. We work really hard to satisfy all our valued guests and will continue to make your next stay once again enjoyable! Once again thank you for commenting on our hotel and we can't wait to see you again in the future!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

The front desk staff is very friendly and helpful, but this hotel is in need of a deep cleaning. The carpets were quite stained and the bathroom tile needed a good scrub with attention to the corners. The room had the quietest bathroom fan -- better than my house! There were a lot of good breakfast choices and adequate seating. There seemed to be a problem with the pool -- the room was excessively humid and the water was a bit turbid. The double room also had a couch (very handy for families) -- but the TV was placed in a bit of an awkward location. I would have rated the hotel higher, but it is just a bit too dirty -- what's with all of the carpet stains?!

Room Tip: guest laundry on the 2nd floor -- quite convenient
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
FVHComfortSuites, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 13, 2011
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel! As the front office manager I am pleased to hear that my front desk staff was very friendly and helpful to you during your stay. Over time the carpets can get quite a beating with all the families staying with us. Our housekeeping staff strives to keep the rooms as clean and comfortable as possible. I will pass this comment along to our Executive housekeeper so that we may resolve this issue as much as possible. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our new "Your Morning Breakfast" we recently added more items for our valued guests. I do apologize about the pool, since it is a heated indoor pool the room is suppose to hot and I already let the maintenance engineer know about the water and will be taking care of this issue. We appreciate your patronage with us at the Comfort Suites Hotel of Fairview Heights and we hope to see you again soon!
Charleston, WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

This is the third time my wife and I have stayed at this hotel. There is really nothing bad to say about this hotel. We both enjoyed the indoor pool. Breakfast was typical of any hotel chain, nothing good or bad. The only thing bad about this hotel is that the furniture in the rooms are starting to look old and dated. I noticed many scratches and dents on them. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anybody traveling along I-64.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
FVHComfortSuites, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 12, 2011
Thank you for the recent comment you made about our hotel. We are glad that you choose the Comfort Suites of Fairview Heights as your stop along I-64. Since we are conveniently located just off the highway it makes us a great stop for visitors passing through. We do apologize about the furniture in our rooms, they can get beat up over time. I will pass this comment to our General Manager so that he may become aware of the issue! Thank you and we hope that you continue to choose Comfort Suites of Fairview Heights for your future stays!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

My mother and I meet in St. Louis to shop and we have stayed here twice. The entire hotel is extremely clean and the staff our very helpful. The hotel is quiet and we've had great luck staying there with my infant son. The rates are reasonable and we will be back to stay during our next shopping trip!

• Stayed September 2010
Thank you so much for your review! Our housekeeping staff here at the Comfort Suites of Fairview Heights strive to keep the hotel clean and updated for out valued guests! I am extremely proud to hear that our staff is helpful for you during your stay! We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Northern Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

Stayed at this Comfort Suites for one night so that my wife could run the GO St Louis marathon. The room was large, and indoor pool was warm. The area has just about any restaurant you could think of, many within walking distance. Would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!