“Great location, wonderful staff” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Earn Double the Points!
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Evanston
Philadelphia, United States
“Great location, wonderful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel that gets better each time we stay. We recommend a street side room on a high floor (it is sometimes a little bit noisy in the mornings on the back side of the hotel). The staff is very friendly and helpful. Excellent access to the Northwestern University campus, especially the southern end where the theaters and concert halls are located. Right in the middle of the great coffee shops, restaurants and shops of Evanston.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Valencia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

The Hilton Orrington in Evanston is an excellent and convenient location to Northwestern, downtown Evanston, and to the train. The lobby is inviting, and the rooms are very comfortable. We stayed here while visiting our son in Evanston and were very pleased.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Saint Peters, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Overall this hotel is a diamond in the rough in Evanston. It is close to everything you would need in walking distance. My really only complaint is the rooms have plantation shutters and it was too bright in the morning. Could have germ better with room darkening shades.

• Stayed April 2013
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We didn't even make it to the hotel and the agents couldn't help me. My father became unexpectedly ill and had to cancel our family trip to Chicago. I called the hotel to cancel and was hung up on. Called back and was transferred to reservations where they couldn't help me and were going to transfer me to another agent and hung up on me. Called back asked for a manager was placed on hold and the same telephone operator tried to assist me and couldn't so she transferred me to the front desk. The front desk agent tried to transfer me back to the reservation department. How can no one cancel a simple reservation?? I still have no confirmation I'm cancelled and not going to be charged. I won't be rebooking at this property. When we travel again I'll definitely look else where.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Hilton Orrington is the perfect combination of a chain (so quality standards are met) and boutique hotel. The staff is so incredibly friendly and hospitable. I have told people if I could, I would move into the Orrington - I feel so at home when I visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Minneapolis, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

The staff was very friendly and the location was convenience for someone with business at Northwestern. The rooms smelled like an older building and there was a lot of noise throughout the night from the ally in the back. Turning on the fan drowned it out.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Concord, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed one night while visiting NU. Our flight was late so we didn't arrive at the hotel until almost 1am - we were exhausted and just wanted to sleep but the hotel was being overrun by teenage kids in town for a Model UN program. They were unbelievably loud and seemed to exist on every floor. That's not really the hotel's fault, but it would have been nice if they were told to keep the noise down a bit. Our room was quite small (a King rm) and the bathroom even smaller, as in only one person at a time could be in there. The room was a bit dated and the beds/pillows not so comfortable but our sleep was short due to our late arrival and morning appointments. Completely agree with others that the internet was unacceptably slow - so slow that we turned off Wifi on our devices and just used 4G on our phones and tablet. Breakfast the next morning was running very late (30 mins for food) so we just grabbed the buffet and tried to pretend it wasn't as expensive as it was. Not a perfect stay for the price paid, but not horrible either. Definitely the best for a visit to NU, though.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Orrington/Evanston? Share your experiences!