“Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars

Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hinman
Transit: Take the Purple Line to Davis Street. We are 5 blocks east on Hinman and Davis
New York City, New York
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Great menu, but our food was not very good. The place is nice, service was good, but fish was relatively tasteless and the sauce was what I would call 'mucky'- too heavy and no distinct flavors.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Phoenix, Arizona
“Wish food was as good as the waiter”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The waiter assigned to our table was exceptional however the food was not. We had a minor special request that they indicated would be no problem at all. However, the food was not prepared as requested. Although appologies were offered they did not offer to rectify the error by remaking the food.
Location is nice and it is the only fresh seafood in the area. But the overall experience was not very good.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“They try!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Being a seafood lover, really wanted to love this place. Came again recently treating a friend to dinner for a bday. It was mixed...
Excellent service! Our server was phenomenal. We ordered the special seafood & land buffet but they were located in 2 separate rooms. Many of the food items we wanted to try was empty when we got to them, sad, so our server offered to go & get them for us instead of us continuing to apply the trial & error method, which was frustrating. Some of the food was good, but just not great. Quality was a little short. Taste sort of bland. Freshness, not sure.
Price was ok, but not that great for the value.
May be a while before I try it again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ohio
“Nothing to really write home about”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I had great memories of this restaurant from previous visits [admittedly, the last was back in the 90's], so I was really looking forward to returning and hoping to have the same great experience I remembered. Service was very good - attentive, efficient, pleasant. The food was OK. If this had been my first visit, I probably would have liked it a lot better. It seemed that the entrees were unnecessarily fussy. I love a simple fresh fish preparation, grilled, preferably, with perhaps an interesting sauce [available on the side]. That wasn't among the choices. If you like more elaborate fish preparations, you might really like this.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sorrento, Florida
“Wonderfully Unique Fresh Fish Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Set the stage: A possibly stressful first meeting between the bride and groom's parents...(Dramatic Pause) which worked out beautifully around a lovely wooden table and a charming Russian waitress at Davis Street Fish Market. The groom's mother (that's me) and the bride's father had the soft shell crab over an orzo mixture. So good. My husband had a mixture of shrimp, crab legs, and mussels which was served in some yummy sauce and included sausage (I tasted a shrimp and it was also good, good, good). The bottle of malbec was one of the best wines I've ever had. Everyone was so happy with their meals. The bride had fish tacos and I forget what the groom had. We will make a point of getting back to this lovely restaurant. By-the-by...the desserts looked fantastic, but I was just too full.

• Visited July 2013