“OUTSTANDING” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #91 of 237 Restaurants in Evanston
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery
Description: For 25 years Hecky's Barbecue in Evanston, IL has been serving up some of the best BBQ in the nation. Order some of our tasty BBQ ranging from Pulled pork to Baby Back Ribs to Sweet Potato pie and of course Hecky's famous Barbecue Sauce from a family Creole recipe.
Burbank, Illinois
“OUTSTANDING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

As always super food and service. I will certainly be back, best barbeque in town.

Visited December 2011
Hecky P, Owner at Hecky's Barbecue, responded to this review, December 9, 2011
Thank you so much for your great words. I really appreciate your business as well as your feedback. Looking forward to seeing you again soon. Best, Hecky Powell, Owner

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“It's been a long time.....but worth it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

I remember Hecky's from my undergrad years at Northwestern, but after moving to the east coast, I just don't get back there very much. A close friend in DC regularly orders the bar-b-que sauce for her ribs, so I knew it would be good. The first night I was in town (for homecoming), we stopped by on the way in from O'Hare. Just as I remembered it.....strictly a carryout, but I think the number of menu items have increased over the years. The staff was extremely friendly. I had the rib tips; my friend had the HUGE turkey leg. We dug into it all when we got settled in. Yum...yum! Yup, Meat was nice and tender; sauce was GREAT. Hecky's is STILL good.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hecky P, Owner at Hecky's Barbecue, responded to this review, December 1, 2011
Thank you so much for the kind words Joyce. We greatly appreciate your business as well as the feedback. We will be posting your comments for our staff to view. Thank you again and we hope to see you next time you are in the area. Best, Hecky Powell (Owner)
chicago/milwaukee
“PULLED PORK - mmm.. good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

Atmosphere is Bare Bones -- which seems appropriate to me for a Ribs Joint. I have never had a problem pulling up right outside the door and running in for my sandwich and slaw. Quick service - great food. And I enjoy doing business with Hecky Powell who does so much for the community, besides dish out great food.

• Visited August 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Hecky's BBQ is the BOMB!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

I love heckys bbq their ribs are like nobody else's iv had in chicago! one of my fav. spots for real.

• Visited September 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mill Creek, Washington
“Hecky's Barbecue is to die for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

We were introduced to Hecky's when our daughter and son-in-law lived in Evanston. We've lived in the South where they know barbecue and we learned what barbecue is all about.
Hecky's is the best we had ever had in our opinion.
In our occasional trips through Chicago, we stop at Hecky's even if it's just a quick stop while on our way to the airport. We used to pack our luggage with their sauce but can't do that anymore since 9/11 (sigh).