“Will try it again” 3 of 5 stars

1631 Chicago Avenue, Evanston, IL
(847) 868-8945
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Found is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 235 Restaurants in Evanston
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Will try it again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival, the restaurant was packed. The host was very nice and even alerted us that we could sit at the bar if we wanted. Two spots opened up at the bar and we parked it. We ordered the polenta, quinoa, and chefs plate of meat/cheeses. We also had a few drinks. The food and drinks were good, but the bar staff seemed annoyed they were our servers. One bartender went so far as to comment that he couldn't read our mind and was very slow in taking our order. For each item we ordered, we had to flag him down and take him away from his 'job' to place our order. We would have enjoyed dessert, but n

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Ehhh.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

A friend and I had dinner at Found yesterday, a weekday. I have not made it in before due to waits of 1 1/2-2 hours on a weekend. Neither of us were impressed. It was really noisy, even the back room which is reputedly the quietest. There were few options on the menu that interested us to share, which the waiter highly advised. He said that he couldn't control when food came out of the two kitchens but he could pace the meal. Then he brought the three small plates we ordered, two hot and one cold, all at the same time. We skipped ordering the salads because that's easy enough to make at home. We had the small portion of Salmon Escabeche which was the best of the three we tried. It tasted fresh and interesting. We ordered the polenta with bleu cheese and poached egg (my friend had one bite that tasted like it had bleu cheese in it; I never tasted any) but it was very filling. We ordered the special of fried soft shell crab. All it tasted of was deep fried crust. A great disappointment.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
“All Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Found recently opened for Fri-Sun brunch. I was surprised there was no waiting as restaurant has become super popular. I loved the eclectic decor. Our service was outstanding. 3 of us shared 3 plates- pickled beef heart salad, bacon/pork sandwich & pork roast. All were outstanding and reasonably priced. Nice wine list & tasty signature drinks, too. I will definitely return.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
chicago
“good and bad experiences”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We live in Evanston and have been here several times.The ambiance is very nice (I like the salvaged stuff) and the servers are always friendly with big smiles on their faces.The wine prices are quite reasonable and they give a decent pour.I like that they change the menu and have seasonal stuff,I enjoyed the fish and the mushroom sandwich(I usually don't order this as it has black juice all over the bread) but this one did not and was perfect.My husband(the carnivore) loves the pork sandwich and the chicken wings.Oh and the desserts are fantastic.Having said that,since the place became on "the hot list" it has become too much of a hassle .People who come in from Lincoln Park or Highland Park etc. will not come back every couple of weeks. We went last week and my husband dropped me off at the front door and went to park.I told the hostess when she asked if the whole party was here that he would be in in 2 minutes as he was parking.They had empty tables.She wouldn't seat me and three couples walked in.When he walked in(2 minutes later) she said we could wait for a table or stand at the bar!We left(we are not young).I understand about the seating but that is not being very accommodating or using common sense.I couldn't wait at a table for 2 minutes? Like I said good and not so good experiences.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Flavor, Friendly Staff, Nice Environment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

We tried Found and were pleasantly surprised. The food is very flavorful and the delivery is locally grown and you can taste the difference. I had the steak for dinner from Slagel Farms in Fairbury, IL. We started out with the Kale/Swiss Chard Salad which was not only fantastic but very healthy. We also enjoyed the lamb meatballs as an appetizer which are quite popular. The wine selection could use some improvement for sure, but the cuisine, the atmosphere and the staff are very good. We will be back...soon.

Visited May 2013

Been to Found? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Found, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.