“Unique Sandwich and Salad Place” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 212 Restaurants in Evanston
Cuisines: Indian, Sandwiches, Asian, Burmese
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Delivery
Description: A unique Singaporean inspired Sandwiches and Salads .SOON ADDING MORE UNIQUE FOOD TO OUR MENU We have been mention "Chicago Magazine" ABC7 Hungry Hound" "Serious eats Sandwich of the day Chicago"and the Daily Northwestern We use Local, Natural and Organic ingredients Our bread is made by Bennison bakery daily an award winning baker
“Unique Sandwich and Salad Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

One of my go-to places for carry out lunch. I'm probably there twice a month. My favorite is the BBQ with pork. I've tried most everything on the menu and it's all delicious and fresh.

But skip the coleslaw (totally forgettable) and get chips (home made and terriffic).

Visited August 2014

“Great, unique sandwich shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Stopped in for a quick lunch on a business trip and was very impressed. The sandwiches are unique, tasty, and use very high quality ingredients. If you don't know what to order, don't be afraid to ask the staff what's good. They are super helpful and will point you in the right direction.

One caveat: if you don't like spicy or messy food, this may not be for you. Otherwise, dive in.

Chicago, Illinois
“one of the best sandwiches we had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

We were in Evanston visiting NU campus for my son and was passing by and stop at this small restaurant and had the paneer fig the best sandwich that i have ever had the staff was friendly and will highly recommend this restaurant

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Unique twist on sandwiches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

After reading all the great reviews on Yelp, I stopped in for a sandwich in the late afternoon after a hectic day of interviewing at Northwestern. I was intrigued by the promise of unique flavors and Banh mi sandwiches, and Soulwich definitely delivered.

The store was empty except for me, and the employee was very helpful and polite. I was having trouble choosing between the Paneer fig ($7.95) and the Indonesian ginger BBQ sandwiches ($7.89) and she advised the latter. It was a great choice! The Indonesian ginger BBQ sauce is a blend of pear juice, sesame seed, oil, ginger, garlic, and soy sauce. The flavors were unique and none overpowered the others - it was a very refreshing combination and I enjoyed it. The bread was thick and crispy and a little heavier than typical Banh mi bread, more like a typical sub roll. Despite the fact my visit was during the dead of winter, the veggies (cilantro, pickled carrots, and onion) were fresh, crisp, and plentiful, and complemented the sandwich nicely. Impressive!
My major complaint was the quality of the chicken was very poor: lots of chewy, fatty dark meat and just plain iffy pieces of chicken. I'm no vegetarian, but the chicken was so sketchy that if I came back, I would skip the meat and go for a veggie protein instead - yeah, it was that bad. For my side, I chose the Asian slaw. It was very light, both in flavor and taste, and had no mayo. As a lemonade fan, the pomegranate and herb lemonade intrigued me so much I had to order it, but it sadly fell flat. It was pretty tasteless and bland, like maroon colored water with a fleeting smidge of flavoring - not worth it.

The store was very clean and modern, with a lot of chrome and big windows. There's plenty of tables for eating it, but it could get crowded at peak times. I liked the fact that my meal came in a wicker basket, and my side in a little Chinese take-out-style box - kind of cute. The sandwich was a good size (I saved half for later, it was that big) and the price was reasonable for what you received.

Tip: if you use the DTEvanston app, you can redeem it for a free pomegranate and herb lemonade. Enjoy!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bradfordwoods, PA
“Nice change from same old stuff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is a very casual take out-eat in sandwich/salad place that serves wraps, sandwiches and salads with a thai/burmese twist. Plenty of veggie and also meat options. My sandwich wrap was very tasty with big handfuls of fresh cilantro and shredded carrots, a little pork and eggplant. It was delicious. I want to give this restaurant 3 1/2 stars because it's above average but not really super-special. One of us had a salad that was rather paltry for the price. But everything was very fresh and the service we received was friendly and welcoming. Try it for a change of pace.

• Visited June 2013