“Very nice property, a little west of downtown” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast & Late Checkout
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Evanston
Nashville
“Very nice property, a little west of downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stayed for a small business meeting North of Chicago.The hotel is quite close to the el and just a little west of downtown. The rooms are comfortable and well appointed for a business traveler. I believe this is a newer property.and the managers have kept it up nicely. Plenty of excellent dining options near by so I did not get a chance to try the hotel dining room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Staff Not helpful and had an attitude. I travel hundreds of nights and never encountered such rude staff. As a hilton Hhonors member would expect minor assistance but not these two ladies. in rooms hard to regulate. Hot one minute cold the next. Stayed at a Hilton Suites off Michigan avenue the night before. The value was better and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
James D, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago North Shore/Evanston, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. I truly regret if our staff was not more attentive toward you. I can assure that our main priority is to make sure our guests are well attended and I sincerely apologize if we came short of delivering this for you. Please know that our main priority is for all our guests to have a welcoming stay and I will definitely speak to our front desk staff regarding your comments.

Again, I please accept my apologies and I make myself available should you have any further questions
Far Rockaway, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed here twice in 2012. In July our extended family came to Chicago from around the country our family reunion. We stayed here and they provided hospitality room where we had meet and greets, and breakfasts. We also had our banquet dinner dance here. The property is modern. The service was excellent, the hotel is walking distance from shopping and places to dine. We felt safe walking around the area.

Sadly, some of us were back here in December for a family funeral. Staying at this hotel helped us to regroup while dealing with sadness.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Weston, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Yes, it's expensive for what you get, but it's walking distance to Northwestern, so I have to admit that the cost is worth the convenience. The noise issue from our first visit hasn't surfaced again. And the staff is so friendly, it's hard to complain. The small convenience store at the front desk is just that...VERY convenient, and not overpriced, like in some hotels. Add another star.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
High Ridge, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This Hotel is almost on the Northwestern campus. (1 block) Lots of places to eat and pretty good street atmosphere due to the college kids. Rooms were very nice but small for Hilton standards.

Beds were very comfy! Microwave and fridge in room. 24 hour snack area by front desk.Breakfast is cook to order and buffet with Omelets and various other breakfast foods, Cook staff was very eager to make sure you are happy!

Free WIFI with strong signal in rooms. Parking is street or parking garage next door with in and out privileges. Hotel stamps the parking ticket at front desk so you don't pay garage. Once your tickets is stamped you simply feed it into the exit machine to get out whenever you want!! That was a nice feature! Parking cost is $13.00 a day. Plenty of spaces! I had no complaints and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Some floors were being remodeled so ask for a newer room. Lou Malnattis Pizza is great and in the ar...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
James D, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago North Shore/Evanston, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
I am very happy to read the comments about your recent stay and glad that you found the location and amenities of our hotel to your satisfaction. Hope to see you return soon....safe travels.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed here for 6 nights in the end of December. To start off with, not sure how the previous review says free parking. I was charged $13/day to use the parking garage right next to the hotel. What was confusing is parking was free in the garage on the weekend I was there, but still was charged for parking. The person at the front tried to explain why it made sense but I still don't get it. I stayed in Hilton a couple blocks away earlier in the month so only have that to compare it with in Evanston. The Garden Inn had bigger bathrooms where I think the overall feel of the Hilton on Orrington was much nicer. Although, they are doing renovations at Garden Inn, but unfortunately the room I was in had not been renovated it yet, they were still on top two floors. I thought the walls were pretty thin and constantly heard loud noises throughout the night in hallways and adjacent rooms.

I give it 3 stars because most everyone at front desk was pleasant, the hot tub was nice to use on a few nights, and the bathrooms were bigger than the tiny ones at the other Hilton in Evanston. The cookies at night were a nice touch as well.

Overall, I would probably give the Hilton another shot to see if they had any sound issues that I didn't experience the first time around. I only stayed there one night in comparison to 6 nights at Garden Inn so I had more time there to see more of the flaws.

Overall, an ok stay, but too many issues to give 4 stars.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. I was happy to read from your review that you found our staff to be pleasant. Our main priority is for all our guests to experience an exceptional stay with us. I do however understand that you were disappointed in some areas.
As you could tell we are currently going through renovations and I sincerely apologize if we caused you any inconveniences. In addition, I apologize if you were inconvenienced by the parking charges. I can assure you that your comments are incredibly important to us and I will definitely take them into consideration to improve our guests’ experience.

Again, please accept my apologies and hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our location again. Thank you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for the Dec, 2012 Northwestern Univ graduation. The hotel staff was friendly, the rooms are very nice. Parking is free on-site. The hotel is located across the street from a very high end mall, withing walking distance of Ihop, Panera Bread and many high end restaurants. I would recommend this hotel and will stay again. They also have an indoor pool.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Chicago North Shore/Evanston? Share your experiences!