“I've visited 3 times, and this place is growing on me.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Savings- Up to 25%
Ranked #1 of 7 hotels in Evanston
Weston, CT
“I've visited 3 times, and this place is growing on me.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Yes, it's expensive for what you get, but it's walking distance to Northwestern, so I have to admit that the cost is worth the convenience. The noise issue from our first visit hasn't surfaced again. And the staff is so friendly, it's hard to complain. The small convenience store at the front desk is just that...VERY convenient, and not overpriced, like in some hotels. Add another star.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

283 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
High Ridge, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This Hotel is almost on the Northwestern campus. (1 block) Lots of places to eat and pretty good street atmosphere due to the college kids. Rooms were very nice but small for Hilton standards.

Beds were very comfy! Microwave and fridge in room. 24 hour snack area by front desk.Breakfast is cook to order and buffet with Omelets and various other breakfast foods, Cook staff was very eager to make sure you are happy!

Free WIFI with strong signal in rooms. Parking is street or parking garage next door with in and out privileges. Hotel stamps the parking ticket at front desk so you don't pay garage. Once your tickets is stamped you simply feed it into the exit machine to get out whenever you want!! That was a nice feature! Parking cost is $13.00 a day. Plenty of spaces! I had no complaints and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Some floors were being remodeled so ask for a newer room. Lou Malnattis Pizza is great and in the ar...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
James D, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Evanston, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
I am very happy to read the comments about your recent stay and glad that you found the location and amenities of our hotel to your satisfaction. Hope to see you return soon....safe travels.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed here for 6 nights in the end of December. To start off with, not sure how the previous review says free parking. I was charged $13/day to use the parking garage right next to the hotel. What was confusing is parking was free in the garage on the weekend I was there, but still was charged for parking. The person at the front tried to explain why it made sense but I still don't get it. I stayed in Hilton a couple blocks away earlier in the month so only have that to compare it with in Evanston. The Garden Inn had bigger bathrooms where I think the overall feel of the Hilton on Orrington was much nicer. Although, they are doing renovations at Garden Inn, but unfortunately the room I was in had not been renovated it yet, they were still on top two floors. I thought the walls were pretty thin and constantly heard loud noises throughout the night in hallways and adjacent rooms.

I give it 3 stars because most everyone at front desk was pleasant, the hot tub was nice to use on a few nights, and the bathrooms were bigger than the tiny ones at the other Hilton in Evanston. The cookies at night were a nice touch as well.

Overall, I would probably give the Hilton another shot to see if they had any sound issues that I didn't experience the first time around. I only stayed there one night in comparison to 6 nights at Garden Inn so I had more time there to see more of the flaws.

Overall, an ok stay, but too many issues to give 4 stars.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. I was happy to read from your review that you found our staff to be pleasant. Our main priority is for all our guests to experience an exceptional stay with us. I do however understand that you were disappointed in some areas.
As you could tell we are currently going through renovations and I sincerely apologize if we caused you any inconveniences. In addition, I apologize if you were inconvenienced by the parking charges. I can assure you that your comments are incredibly important to us and I will definitely take them into consideration to improve our guests’ experience.

Again, please accept my apologies and hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our location again. Thank you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for the Dec, 2012 Northwestern Univ graduation. The hotel staff was friendly, the rooms are very nice. Parking is free on-site. The hotel is located across the street from a very high end mall, withing walking distance of Ihop, Panera Bread and many high end restaurants. I would recommend this hotel and will stay again. They also have an indoor pool.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This hotel is located by the Northwestern University. I wasn't there for that so I do not know much about how close it is to everything. What I can say id that there are a lot of great restaurants near by and parking next door is reasonable. The L train is a few short blocks away. Driving to downtown took me 20 minutes before rush hour. Clean and comfortable rooms as you would expect from Hilton.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Our next stop was Chicago for 2 days and I felt we needed to stay away from downtown Chicago and use the train system to get around.
It worked out well for us and we were able to see Lake Michigan in the morning with our coffee and tea.
The Hilton Garden was a nice hotel but I was hoping not to get a view of a parking lot but we did get a corner room. No walking in together here. The closet door could not be fully opened when you opened the bathroom door. Since we were traveling for many days, each morning I would reorganize our bag to make sure no dirty cloths were placed in it by mistake. Being hit by the door and not having enough light at the closet was an issue for me.
The room was a nice size and clean. We could hear the people in the next room which could have been an issue if we did not bring our fan.
The price was good for us and much better then in downtown.
We liked the pool but I felt the whirlpool/spa did not message enough for my tired legs. The maintenance man changed the filter while we were in the whirlpool and he said it would be better; we did not notice a change.
We did not stay for breakfast; Starbucks was in walking distance on the way to the beach.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We absolutely loved this hotel. Clean, great staff, cheap parking on site. Room was fairly priced. 1 block walk from the train. Great more suburban area of Chicago. had intended to spend all of our nights taking the train back and forth to downtown however Evanston was great in its own. We will definitely be going back.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Evanston? Share your experiences!