“Excellent food as always” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Horstead
Cuisines: English, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Description: Award winning pub and restaurant with bedrooms situated in the village of Horstead, near Coltishall, in Norfolk.
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Excellent food as always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Just had an early dinner, the food as always was excellent. We both had fillet steak, and I have to say you will not beat it anywhere in the area. Well done Nicola and her staff, always very welcoming and attentive.

• Visited March 2014

“Yet again superb lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I went for lunch today the first time for some time i went with my 81 yo mum and my niece its difficult to explain how nice and helpful these people are mum wanted a steak not fish so was offered the evening menu i choose skate wing and my niece choose rib eye steak also the staff the service and the food where quite faultless i will not wait that long too visit again many thanks for a superb lunch ,,,5 stars

London, United Kingdom
“yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Recently we had a meal here, myself and hubby plus 3 other couples. Food and service excellent. We had a couple of small problems overall but the staff were absolutely fantastic and we would def go back again. Very good value for money and well worth booking up

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Very popular eating place for a good reason - it's great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We only live a few miles away and eat here quite regularly so my wife and I went here again today for Sunday lunch on the off chance we would get a table. We were lucky as, especially at weekends, it gets very busy (so best to book). There is a big dining room which also accommodates the bar and there are a couple of smaller rooms in which to eat. The main room is best I think, more of a buzz to it. The food is always well prepared and with large portions. Smoked haddock on mashed potatoes with a poached egg is my favourite but whatever you order will be good. The great thing is this place is so consistent. Food always of a high standard as is the service. The staff are mostly young but have obviously been well trained and are very professional. They know how to treat customers well. Nicola is the manager and has been here for years. We have been coming for 13 years and never had any cause for complaint. Many regulars come here, both couples and families. Today there was one large table celebrating someone's 65th birthday and another table celebrating someone's anniversary. Nice happy atmosphere to the place.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Outstanding food, beautiful rooms.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

My hubby and I stayed here for our wedding anniversary. We could not believe the excellent quality of the food and first class service. The rooms were beautiful, comfy and stylish. Nicola really went all out to make our stay the best it could be and it certainly was. We have booked to return for our sons birthday. They have got this spot on. Please do not change a single thing. I have stayed at many places but this tops the lot. I am not easily impressed but this place impressed us and more.