I recently traveled from Washington, DC to Bermuda for a friends 60th birthday party in April 2013. Our group occupied eight (8) units on the property. The property has a family friendly environment located in the Flatts.
Guests have the ability to cook in the units which will help save money. The supermarket is a 10 minute bus ride. Bermuda is VERY expensive. You will find the food in the supermarket more expensive than in the US, but it is still a much better value than eating out for every meal.
The location is ideal for traveling on the public buses. Bermuda is very safe. You have a two minute walk to the Bermuda aquarium. The property is a 5 minute bus ride from the public beach (Shelly Bay Beach), so you can board the bus with your beach towels and chairs. Additionally you do have some local restaurants within a 5 minute walk to the property.
Although this is an older property, it is owned and operated by the Lightbourne family and they take great pride in maintaining their property and work very hard to accommodate their guests. Currently they are renovating the property and upgrading the amenities room by room.
I was traveling alone, but I felt very safe and comfortable in Bermuda. Several of the people in our group have been to Bermuda in the past (my first trip). They've stayed at Brightside in the past.
This property is definitely one to consider if you are traveling to Bermuda on a budget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of picturesque Flatts Village at the eastern end of Bermuda, Brightside with its informal atmosphere, is a great place, if you are looking for a home away from home. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Brightside Guest Apartments Hotel Smith`s
- Brightside Guest Apartments Smiths
- Brightside Guest Apartments Bermuda/Flatts Village