“Nicest ESA that I've stayed at” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   550 West Grand Avenue, Elmhurst, IL 60126   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Elmhurst
Sonoran Desert
“Nicest ESA that I've stayed at”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Let me start off with the fact that this was the first ESA room that I didn't feel compelled to clean before unpacking my bags! Nicely updated, comfy, & yes, really clean. Betty at check-in was great. She allowed me to view 3 different rooms to pick one that suited me best. Altho I have stayed at ESA before, she thoroughly reviewed the policies with me. I was only staying 7 nights so housekeeping wasn't performed. If you need anything, ask at the front desk. They provide a basket in the room for trading in towels. i appreciate having the kitchenette, so did not use the breakfast option. There is a grocery store on Grand & York Rd, and restaurants nearby. Good location, as far as highways go, and the girls were helpful when I needed directions. I saw people walking dogs out back so it's pet-friendly, as well (check fees).

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the highway, if that sort of noise bothers you. They share a driveway with a use...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Simple lobby, no amenities to speak of in rooms, get your own towels if you need them, make your own bed, breakfast called a "to go" meal. Coffee, breakfast bar, package muffin, oatmeal packet.. 84.99...that's the downside.
Upside is that the was a fully equipped kitchen, wonderful bed, clean as a whistle and quiet as heck. Would we stay again?
Yes we would. Try it ,you'll Like it
If you don't need the room and meal frills.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that our fully equipped kitchens and clean, comfortable rooms provided you with an excellent stay. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
Hillsborough, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

near the hindu temple (I had to photograph a wedding there this past weekend-- see facebook.com/DreamlitePhotography ) and loved this hotel. the inside was fresh and modern. the facilities were clean, well-maintained and easily accessible. i came 1.5hrs early before my check-in and they still accommodated me with a new room on the first floor. Excellent staff (special thanks to Vilma for all her help). The breakfast was a bit lacking-- grab-and-go bars and instant coffee and oatmeal-- but my room was a suite (stove + fridge) so I was left very content.

Room Tip: come early and ask nicely.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Hi Jonathan,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our fresh and modern rooms. I'm so glad we were able to accommodate your early check-in! We appreciate you letting us know that our breakfast options weren't satisfactory to you. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with a fully equipped kitchen to make a full meal right in your room! Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I travel extensively to Chicago for business trips (perhaps once or twice per month). I usually stay at 4 or above stars hotels, however this review covers Extended Stay America - Elmhurst.

This review is the conclusion of, I think, 5 stays (which varied from one to 10 days, and in different rooms), from June 2012 to May 2013.

ROOMS:
The rooms are spacious, positive and very clean. I have stayed always in non-smoking rooms, and they were impecable. I have an extremely acute sense of smell, so my standards are very high, and I can attest, the rooms I stayed were fresh, with no odd odor.

The furniture, flat screen TV, the whole ambiance is modern and pleasent, nothing less than what I see at Hyatt or Westin. Yes, I am talking now about Extended Stay America Elmhurst!

The rooms have kitchenette with everything you need to make yourself at home and cook your food. Very clean.

PEOPLE (Staff)
Exceptionally friendly, professional and they go out of their way to fullfill your needs. All of them, without exception were nice and positive, and if I mention Betty and Tanya is only because I remember their names, but all others are very nice too. Kudos for the manager and everybody!

PARKING & Breakfast: free - this is a great bonus.

This is an exceptionally clean and pleasant place, professionally tended. People who book this hotel should read what this hotel offer and rate it based on promise, because it delivers by the book. For people who book and comment without reading what hotel offers, I just want to mention, this park not have valet to park your car, nobody brings your pizza at the door, etc.

CONCLUSION:
I am pleasingly and positively impressed by the secret gem I found in Extended Stay America Elmhurst. It is far better than any other 2 stars hotels, so people should assess them on case by case, but this is a jackpot.

This is a modern, clean and safe place, do not hesitate, book Extended stay Elmhurst, and you will see you did yourself good !

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Jony - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful and descriptive things about our clean,spacious rooms. I am so pleased to know that our staff took such great care of you and you enjoyed all of the amenities we have to offer.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

The hotel is recently renovated, very clean and comfortable to live. It's the first stop after a 13-hour flight from Hong Kong. Both my parents and I got good rest and didn't take much pain to get rid of the jet lag. The staff are very friendly and helpful--helped me call the cab and print documents.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jenny - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. I am glad to read that you enjoyed our clean and comfortable rooms. The staff and I are so happy that we were able to provide you with a place to sleep after your 13-hour flight from Hong Kong.

West Lafayette, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I booked a room in this hotel via hotwire.com and ended up in a smoking room. The room smelled absolutely horrible. Even bed sheets were smelling like ash tray. Hotel staff refused me to change to a non-smoking room and said they were booked completely. I later called the extended stay headquarters and found out that they indeed had a non-smoking room that night.
In summary, non-helpful and dishonest staff, unclean and smelly rooms. Avoid this hotel and don't make a reservation through hotwire.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Hotel room was nice well decorated but smell was awful. i tried three different in in all floor but everywhere room smell was really bad. they don't even give shampoos and stuff like that. You have to go to front desk every-time to get that. They don't have room service at all. they will clean every once a week. so if you need fresh towel then you have to go to front desk to exchange fresh towel with used one. they don't have breakfast service either. they call it grab andd go breakfash which includes coffee, muffins, apple and bar. that's it. Some front desk lady are good and some are really rude to their guests.

Room Tip: If you want room with fresh smell then i wouldn't recommend this hotel to you.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the odor of the room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have worked with our housekeeping team to ensure your experience is not repeated. We added the grab n go breakfast to provide a quick and easy option for our guests on the go.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please feel free to contact me directly, at elm@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare? Share your experiences!