“Exceptional! Clean, Spacious, Modern and Friendly/Professional Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare

You added Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   550 West Grand Avenue, Elmhurst, IL 60126   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Elmhurst
Rochester, Minnesota
“Exceptional! Clean, Spacious, Modern and Friendly/Professional Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I travel extensively to Chicago for business trips (perhaps once or twice per month). I usually stay at 4 or above stars hotels, however this review covers Extended Stay America - Elmhurst.

This review is the conclusion of, I think, 5 stays (which varied from one to 10 days, and in different rooms), from June 2012 to May 2013.

ROOMS:
The rooms are spacious, positive and very clean. I have stayed always in non-smoking rooms, and they were impecable. I have an extremely acute sense of smell, so my standards are very high, and I can attest, the rooms I stayed were fresh, with no odd odor.

The furniture, flat screen TV, the whole ambiance is modern and pleasent, nothing less than what I see at Hyatt or Westin. Yes, I am talking now about Extended Stay America Elmhurst!

The rooms have kitchenette with everything you need to make yourself at home and cook your food. Very clean.

PEOPLE (Staff)
Exceptionally friendly, professional and they go out of their way to fullfill your needs. All of them, without exception were nice and positive, and if I mention Betty and Tanya is only because I remember their names, but all others are very nice too. Kudos for the manager and everybody!

PARKING & Breakfast: free - this is a great bonus.

This is an exceptionally clean and pleasant place, professionally tended. People who book this hotel should read what this hotel offer and rate it based on promise, because it delivers by the book. For people who book and comment without reading what hotel offers, I just want to mention, this park not have valet to park your car, nobody brings your pizza at the door, etc.

CONCLUSION:
I am pleasingly and positively impressed by the secret gem I found in Extended Stay America Elmhurst. It is far better than any other 2 stars hotels, so people should assess them on case by case, but this is a jackpot.

This is a modern, clean and safe place, do not hesitate, book Extended stay Elmhurst, and you will see you did yourself good !

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Jony - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful and descriptive things about our clean,spacious rooms. I am so pleased to know that our staff took such great care of you and you enjoyed all of the amenities we have to offer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

The hotel is recently renovated, very clean and comfortable to live. It's the first stop after a 13-hour flight from Hong Kong. Both my parents and I got good rest and didn't take much pain to get rid of the jet lag. The staff are very friendly and helpful--helped me call the cab and print documents.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jenny - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. I am glad to read that you enjoyed our clean and comfortable rooms. The staff and I are so happy that we were able to provide you with a place to sleep after your 13-hour flight from Hong Kong.

West Lafayette, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I booked a room in this hotel via hotwire.com and ended up in a smoking room. The room smelled absolutely horrible. Even bed sheets were smelling like ash tray. Hotel staff refused me to change to a non-smoking room and said they were booked completely. I later called the extended stay headquarters and found out that they indeed had a non-smoking room that night.
In summary, non-helpful and dishonest staff, unclean and smelly rooms. Avoid this hotel and don't make a reservation through hotwire.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Hotel room was nice well decorated but smell was awful. i tried three different in in all floor but everywhere room smell was really bad. they don't even give shampoos and stuff like that. You have to go to front desk every-time to get that. They don't have room service at all. they will clean every once a week. so if you need fresh towel then you have to go to front desk to exchange fresh towel with used one. they don't have breakfast service either. they call it grab andd go breakfash which includes coffee, muffins, apple and bar. that's it. Some front desk lady are good and some are really rude to their guests.

Room Tip: If you want room with fresh smell then i wouldn't recommend this hotel to you.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the odor of the room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have worked with our housekeeping team to ensure your experience is not repeated. We added the grab n go breakfast to provide a quick and easy option for our guests on the go.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please feel free to contact me directly, at elm@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Manhattan Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This was my first visit to an Extended Stay property and I can say I will definitely choose this chain for any of my upcoming trips. As with all reviews, I ALWAYS keep an open mind when reading them since I know as a former innkeeper, some guests always manage to complain about something. Upon entering the lobby, great first impression. Clean, well lit, smelled nice and pretty decor. Front desk was most welcoming and when I entered my room, more pleasant clean smells. You may think I am going overboard with "smells", but let's face it, the odor of a property is one of the most impressionable and can turn people off. My room was quite large with a comfortable clean bed and all of the furnishings have been refurbished. FULL kitchen with regular size frig, 2 burner stove, micro, granite counter tops and here'e the best part, completely stocked with dinnerware, silverware, cups, glasses, pots and pans for 2 persons. I enjoyed relaxing in my leather recliner and watched the flat tv with an adequate selection of channels. Spotless bathroom with four sets of towels as they do not do daily room service, but offer free towel replacement at the front desk. I actually enjoyed not being disturbed by a housekeeper while I did my work. And, making my own bed and doing my own dishes was a refreshing change reminding me of my childhood chores, lol. There's free wireless and an in-house laundry, always a must have when I travel for extended stays. It was a great experience, good location and I felt secure. Only down side was the minus 4 degree wind chill in Chicago for this California guy, but I guess I can't blame the hotel. If my review sounds like the needs of a business traveler like yourself, you won't go wrong. And, there is a grab and go light continental breakfast which I did not partake as I grocery shopped at a nearby store.

Room Tip: I had a first floor room and did not hear the footsteps above
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about recent stay at our hotel. It's great to hear that you were comfortable and enjoyed the accommodations. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Hoyt Lakes, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Being stranded in Chicago O'Hare's airport for 22 hours was not fun. Called this hotel and they had rooms available at a cheap rate, the best thing about this place was the employees. While making the reservation they told us what taxi services to use as not to get "raped" by the independent or city cabs. I thought this was great. To the hotel I was able to share a cab and it was $27 for the two offs and it was about a 20 minute ride. They had a toothbrush and toothpaste for us as who knows where our luggage was. Dd not feel comfortable at all at the hotel, ended up there for only 3 hours. The gal at the front desk was great and got me coffee while I waited for my taxi and was very talkative. Can't put my finger on why I got a bad feeling about this place but I was in a pinch and it had to do.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for your comments about the hotel and staff. We hope you are able to come back and see us again under better circumstances. Please try us again the next time you are in the area.
Melrose Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed here over 5 weeks in between moving with my dog, it felt like home very clean and comfortable and quiet, the staff Rosie, Betty, Tanya, Jessie, and Nick and others thay are the best thay really make you feel welcome , it was a wonderful experience and would recommend this hotel to everyone for there next stay.....more then a FIVE STAR stay.....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for recognizing the employees at the hotel. They were so happy to see their names up in lights. More importantly, we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and felt at home. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare? Share your experiences!