“Room was nice but poor in service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   550 West Grand Avenue, Elmhurst, IL 60126   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Elmhurst
Dallas, Texas
“Room was nice but poor in service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Hotel room was nice well decorated but smell was awful. i tried three different in in all floor but everywhere room smell was really bad. they don't even give shampoos and stuff like that. You have to go to front desk every-time to get that. They don't have room service at all. they will clean every once a week. so if you need fresh towel then you have to go to front desk to exchange fresh towel with used one. they don't have breakfast service either. they call it grab andd go breakfash which includes coffee, muffins, apple and bar. that's it. Some front desk lady are good and some are really rude to their guests.

Room Tip: If you want room with fresh smell then i wouldn't recommend this hotel to you.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the odor of the room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have worked with our housekeeping team to ensure your experience is not repeated. We added the grab n go breakfast to provide a quick and easy option for our guests on the go.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please feel free to contact me directly, at elm@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Manhattan Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This was my first visit to an Extended Stay property and I can say I will definitely choose this chain for any of my upcoming trips. As with all reviews, I ALWAYS keep an open mind when reading them since I know as a former innkeeper, some guests always manage to complain about something. Upon entering the lobby, great first impression. Clean, well lit, smelled nice and pretty decor. Front desk was most welcoming and when I entered my room, more pleasant clean smells. You may think I am going overboard with "smells", but let's face it, the odor of a property is one of the most impressionable and can turn people off. My room was quite large with a comfortable clean bed and all of the furnishings have been refurbished. FULL kitchen with regular size frig, 2 burner stove, micro, granite counter tops and here'e the best part, completely stocked with dinnerware, silverware, cups, glasses, pots and pans for 2 persons. I enjoyed relaxing in my leather recliner and watched the flat tv with an adequate selection of channels. Spotless bathroom with four sets of towels as they do not do daily room service, but offer free towel replacement at the front desk. I actually enjoyed not being disturbed by a housekeeper while I did my work. And, making my own bed and doing my own dishes was a refreshing change reminding me of my childhood chores, lol. There's free wireless and an in-house laundry, always a must have when I travel for extended stays. It was a great experience, good location and I felt secure. Only down side was the minus 4 degree wind chill in Chicago for this California guy, but I guess I can't blame the hotel. If my review sounds like the needs of a business traveler like yourself, you won't go wrong. And, there is a grab and go light continental breakfast which I did not partake as I grocery shopped at a nearby store.

Room Tip: I had a first floor room and did not hear the footsteps above
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about recent stay at our hotel. It's great to hear that you were comfortable and enjoyed the accommodations. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Hoyt Lakes, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Being stranded in Chicago O'Hare's airport for 22 hours was not fun. Called this hotel and they had rooms available at a cheap rate, the best thing about this place was the employees. While making the reservation they told us what taxi services to use as not to get "raped" by the independent or city cabs. I thought this was great. To the hotel I was able to share a cab and it was $27 for the two offs and it was about a 20 minute ride. They had a toothbrush and toothpaste for us as who knows where our luggage was. Dd not feel comfortable at all at the hotel, ended up there for only 3 hours. The gal at the front desk was great and got me coffee while I waited for my taxi and was very talkative. Can't put my finger on why I got a bad feeling about this place but I was in a pinch and it had to do.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for your comments about the hotel and staff. We hope you are able to come back and see us again under better circumstances. Please try us again the next time you are in the area.
Melrose Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed here over 5 weeks in between moving with my dog, it felt like home very clean and comfortable and quiet, the staff Rosie, Betty, Tanya, Jessie, and Nick and others thay are the best thay really make you feel welcome , it was a wonderful experience and would recommend this hotel to everyone for there next stay.....more then a FIVE STAR stay.....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for recognizing the employees at the hotel. They were so happy to see their names up in lights. More importantly, we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and felt at home. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Elmhurst, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed here over 3 years and I must say it was a wonderful experience. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The room is clean, quiet, and the location is great. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and everone.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have the best view.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments! We are happy you chose us for "Your Home Away from Home." Clean, friendly, quiet! We love to hear this! Thank you again!
az
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We spent 7 days at this location, the staff is great we needed to be near the hospice at Bridgeway which was about a 3 minute drive. wish they had a large coffee pot it was mini size. beds were comfortable, room was warm ..0 degrees outside...we did laundry which was nice. Bring your own soaps as they are not provided except one very small bath bar, we had 3 adults in room, my son on sofabed with his own tv watching sports and my daughter and I shared a king bed with our own tv and it was largw enough we were all comfortable. they do not clean daily but are happy to give fresh towels anytime.we had one small issue and front desk said they would have mgr call me. I would stay again and will soon

Room Tip: we had the king suite for 3 adults it was perfect, room with sofa bed had a tv and room with king ha...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are happy we are able to accomodate your party. I apologize for you not having enough soap in your room. We do have any item you need available behind the front desk and we will assure you we will check with you next time. We hope to see you soon!
Elmhurst, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I am currently staying in this hotel as an extended stay guest. The rooms are very clean and comfortable and they have been recently renovated. The location is great and the staff are wonderful, nice, helpful and kind. It has been a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: All the rooms have been renovated. They all are good rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Clean, nice, and a great location. Exactly what we want to hear. Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know.

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare? Share your experiences!