“Pleasantly Surprised” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare

You added Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wauconda, Illinois
“Pleasantly Surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Had a good experience staying here. Was a little worried from the other reviews but was pleasantly suprised. The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly, all in all I had a comfortable and worry free stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Rochester, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I dont write reviews, actually this is my first. Extended stay is nothing fancy but a great deal. First off, the rooms are HUGE full size fridge and small stove. Rooms were decent. Only complaint is the beds were not the greatest. However I did leave a personel item behind and when I called a day later I spoke to the manager, Jesse, who was super helpful in getting my property returned. Within a few days I had it back. Thank you to Jesse. I really appreciate what you did for me.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Elmhurst, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I've been there almost 3 years and my stay has been nothing short of sensational. The staff is so friendly and helpful. The room is clean, comfortable and quiet. I'd like to give special mention to Betty, Tanya, Nick, and the new manager Jessica. It's because of people like them that I would reccomend this hotel to anyone visiting the Chicago area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Rockford
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I am not a review kind of guy, but after staying at this place, I had to write. Don't believe the rave reviews from the most recent supposed " guests". If I were a betting man, the " management" saw the poor reviews and are now in " damage control". Just like what I perceive to be the " real" reviews this place SUCKS. NO it is NOT clean, NO the beds are NOT COMFORTABLE..as one reviewer stated the sheets are yellowed, burns from what seems to be cigs in the covers and the STAFF is less than pleasant and the maids don't clean. I am a stickler for cleanliness. and let me tell ya, this place is NOT clean.

I would not bring my family here in a million years and will be sure to tell my associates to find a decent place to stay. My and their money is good anywhere, and quite frankly I would not stay here again for free.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

It's time to begin traveling again so I needed a place to lay my head for a few hours before I begun driving again. I arrived around midnight and there wasn't much parking left so I had no choice but to block the trash dumpster praying no one wakes me up to earlier to move my truck. The lady at the front desk was very very kind since I was half sleep on her counter but I wanted a king size bed she went upstairs to personally check the room for me. When I asked what time is check out she said the latest I can give u is 12pm and I'll put it in your file. I'm thinking great I'll get another hour sleep after driving 15 hours. Wrong.

When I entered my room it was very spacious, kitchen, good hot water but I don't think I've seen a smaller tv in a hotel room I had to lay at the end of the bed to watch it. Also the heat (yes it's summer but I sleep with heat) in my room didn't work so instead of complaining to the kind lady I slept in extra clothes. Someone left the ac on freeze.

Guess someone didn't read the files of who checks out what day because at 10am I receive a call to my room. Are you checking out today? There goes 2 hours of sleep I could have had. Pissed me off so much I just checked out didn't try to get the rest of my sleep.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this review, August 7, 2012

As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling. Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

The service is pretty good. We have a kitchen in our own room and all necessary amenities. The room is clean. The staff is helpful and friendly.

The location is slightly inconvenient for those who don't have a car. It takes around 5 mins ($10 cab fare) to get to the closest train station (either bensenville metra station or elmhurst metra station). There are no shuttle service even though it's close to the airport.
If you stay less than 7 nights, there's no cleaning service either.

I got the deal on hotwire.com (only $34 for a night) so it's still good for what I paid for.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Peoria, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stay at Extended Stay several times a year because it is close to family and with a young child the kitchenette is very convenient. The beds are comfortable and the hotel is always quiet. The rates are very affordable especially considering our repeat visits to the area for holidays etc. The hotel is dependable and the staff is very helpful in making reservations. We will definitely stay again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Renee,

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Chicago - Elmhurst. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare? Share your experiences!