“FAMILY VACATION” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn Waterford Convention Center

You added Clarion Inn Waterford Convention Center to your Saves list
Clarion Inn Waterford Convention Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   933 South Riverside Drive, South Rte 83, Elmhurst, IL 60126 (Formerly Quality Inn Elmhurst)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Elmhurst
Sweden
“FAMILY VACATION”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

Stayed at the clarion over the weekend. Our family traveled from Sweden. We loved how the hotel was in a private and quiet place. The staff there was very Polite and Helpful Their Front desk was Very helpful they assited me with my every need I will most definitly stay at this hotel next time i come in town to visit my family here in illinois

Room Tip: Their Suites are very nice i really recommend you to stay in one of them.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
alfindlay, General Manager at Clarion Inn Waterford Convention Center, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
We agree with you that our property offers something that the competion can't...absolute peace and quiet. Our whole purpose is to ensure total guest satisfaction always; we are humbled to know that we've succeeded. LIke you, we look forward to delivering the same level of service and satisfaction on your next visit to our hotel. We look forward to your next trip.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Forest park, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Stayed for business mon - thurs and it was great. I had a meeting outside in their courtyard on a sunny day where I entertained some clients as well. Really a hidden gem of a property.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Coach Lee it was a pleasure to host your meeting as well. I'm thrilled to know that you enjoyed the hospitality shown.We promise to continue to deliver such excellent service to our patrons and will do everything possible to uphold the "hidden gem" mantra. We hope to serve you and your associates again while you spread the news about our property.
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

This hotel is just a 3 minute drive to the Oak Brook shopping center and 4 minutes to I-290 ramp for Chicago. Without traffic, you'd be in downtown Chicago in 20 minutes at most. I did not stay overnight in this hotel because I live in this area. I have been taking my daughter to swimming lessons there each week. The staff is very friendly, the lobby is clean and modern, and the public restrooms (lobby and pool area) very, very clean. With franchise hotels --- it could be hit or miss with the quality. This particular hotel appears to be well run. This week it looks like they've started renovating the lobby areas. So the hotel was already very nice and now it will be better.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
We are very appreciative of your kind words. We enjoy having you and the swim school and it's indeed a pleasure to serve your group. I'm very glad you're pleased with the improvements that we've made to the property, especially the lobby and swimming pool. Our staff is committed to providing you and your family the highest level of service possible. Continue to spread the great news of our facility.... it's our untimate goal to always exceed expectations.
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

I stay at the Clarion Inn at least 4 times a month for business purposes. Everytime I stay here I get the feeling of being home as opposed to the feeling of being in a hotel. The staff is very courteous and professional and at the same time they make me feel as if Im part of their family.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
AL, we appreciate the kind words. We aim to please and we are committed to your total satisfaction. Our level of service is a testament to our belief in giving you value for your money. We are very happy to know that we are succeeding.We will continue to deliver while you continue to to make Clarion Inn - Elmhurst your home away from home.
Elmhurst, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

Lease your worries at home or office. their staff is second to none, very helpful and so kind. They will try to help with your total stay with them,they have a wounderful staff. Come stay for yourself. Thank Clarion for my wounderful stay, Charlie B.

Room Tip: All rooms are perfect
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Charlie, we appreciate the kind words. We believe in delivering the best service possible so we are elated to know how satisfied you are with us. Our primary goal is you complete satisfaction always so rest assured that we will be constantly looking for ways to improve in this area. It's a pleasure serving you and we look forward to accomodating you on your next visit.
Davenport, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

I work for part of the clarion chain and can honestly say i will never stay at a clarion again the pictures on the internet of the rooms lead me to believe that this was going to be a good stay, after having a baby 4 months ago me and my fiance were looking to have a nice comfortable stay with a full night of sleep...something we have lacked for quite sometime but that didnt happen the beds are rock hard they were like sleeping on a floor! The first room we got assigned to the sheets were not changed and had stains all over the and the blanket had big long hairs on it, the floor was also not vacuumed! the second room we got assigned to was a little better the bed was atleast clean but sink had long hair in it i couldnt even believe that a housekeeper could miss that! when he asked for more towels the first day the housekeeper gave us ONE towel!!! we didnt have housekeeping come into our room that day so when we needed more towels we went down to the front desk to ask for more he said he would deliver them to our room we waited 15 min then called down to the front desk to see if we could get our towels but it took took them 45 min to bring them to us...needless to say they have horrible guest service! we also didnt get our full night sleep because the doors are not heavy wood so you can hear everything that is going on out in the halls and even the rooms next door!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with the Clarion Inn Elmhurst. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing on how we can improve service delivery to satisfy your needs. The hotel’s management has reviewed your comments and appropriate action has been taken to ensure a situation of this nature will not be repeated in the future. As a company, we pride ourselves in offering the highest quality of service and facilities to you our very valued customer in exchange for your patronage. I am very sorry that we fell short of your expectations this visit and can guarantee you that all problems experienced during your stay has been addressed accordingly. I understand you are very disgusted with us, but I am taking this opportunity to invite you back to give us an opportunity to make it right. Again, please accept our sincere apologies. We hope you will give us that chance to win you back as a valued customer.
Appleton, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

We stayed at this hotel/convention center for my son's wedding. I was terribly disappointed on many levels. First of all, everyone I know who came and stayed that weekend had key trouble. Whether it was the door coming in from outside the building or the room door, rarely did the key we had work. I observed other people checking in during my stay, having the same trouble. On the second floor, the ice machine didn't work for the entire 3 night stay we were there. We notified the front desk on our first night there of the problem and we were told they thought that problem had been fixed already, which leads me to believe it had already been reported prior to our arrival yet never addressed. The vending machine for soda and water dispensed HOT product. No.. it wasn't merely not chilled, it was hot to the touch. This was reported by us and numerous other people staying at the hotel, and we were told it was not their responsibility. I was not only offended by their refusal to take ownership of problems on their property, I was worried about what sort of health/fire hazard this machine may create. We even spoke to the General Manager of the property and we were again rudely informed this was not his problem. Perhaps if the refrigerators in our rooms had been functioning properly, we would not have been so concerned about ice and vending machines. If it had not been for the fact my son's wedding was being held at their convention center, I would have packed up and left for another hotel after the first night.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with the Clarion Inn. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated.
We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing on how we can improve service delivery to satisfy your needs. Management has reviewed your comments and appropriate action has been taken to ensure a situation of this nature will not be repeated in the future. We pride ourselves in offering the highest quality of service and facilities to you our very valued customer in exchange for your patronage. I am very sorry that we fell short of your expectations this visit and can guarantee you that all problems experienced during your stay has been addressed accordingly. Please accept our sincere apologies. We hope you will give us another opportunity to make it right. I forward to welcoming you back in an effort to provide you the level of service you expect from Choice Hotels.

Been to Clarion Inn Waterford Convention Center? Share your experiences!