“Expected More, guess it's my fault for that” 3 of 5 stars

601 West St. Charles Road, Elmhurst, IL
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Diner, Organic, Family Fare
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner
Description: Serving Breakfast,Lunch and Dinner in a contemporary casual retro-modern space. We feature made from scratch dishes using local farms when possible with a comfort food driven menu.
Villa Park, Illinois
“Expected More, guess it's my fault for that”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Limited menu items.
Poor service, then the waitress ASSUMED I was leaving her a nearly 100% tip!! I may give it another try if they're still open in a few months.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Elmhurst, Illinois
“runny eggs and toast not toasted”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

our family went for breakfast we all ordered the same thing the eggs were watery the toast not toasted food also was greasy waitress did not come back to table to offer any refills on drinks will not return

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Chris1290, Owner at Kitchen Eatery, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Hello Arnie,
I am very sorry to hear that we let you down when you visited us. I will be sharing your comments with all the staff and will address the issues you mentioned. We do use organic eggs with clarified butter,so I will check to see what the problem may have been. I know my servers work hard to take care of our valued guests so this is very hard to hear. However, I do appreciate the feedback. I would like to reach out to ask you to respond to me so I can have the opportunity to make things right. Your business is really important to all of us at KE.
Kind Regards,
Chris
Villa Park, Illinois
“Very good breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Kitchen Eatery is a new restaurant in Elmhurst IL. I have found the breakfast is very good, plenty of food and very tasty. They even have their own preserves. Service has improved since they have opened. Ingredients are top quality and really wirth the visit. I hope they extend their menu....moneywise you might try lunch to try out this new gem. So happy to have a good restaurant in this location!!!!!!!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chris1290, Owner at Kitchen Eatery, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you very much for visiting us and for the review. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your breakfast. We are in the process of expanding our menus, so next time you visit we should have some exciting new breakfast,lunch and dinner options available.
Cheers,
Chris
Chicago
“Fresh new place and fresher food it was like the 70s when I was a kid”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

It's a bit noisy but cool the food was great the service was fine we were satisfied the place as a cool downtown feel and the wood work is warm going back to try dinner .Its a great corner to meet friends and much cheaper then the places in Oakbrook or Elmhurst

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Berkeley, Illinois
“Relatively new restaurant, working out some kinks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband and I had breakfast here today. It is a very attractive restaurant especially to those of us who had eaten in the restaurant it replaced, Kopper Kitchen, which was dark and dated and why we only went there once. They used some really interesting finishes and colors. That being said, my first impression was followed by being seated at a table that was less than clean. It was set well but the table hadn't been wiped down. That was kind of icky. We were greeted quickly by a bus boy who brought water and my coffee but said the waitress needed to bring my husband's tea. That seemed a little wierd. Our waitress came shortly with the tea. She was very friendly although I don't think she said her name so I can't name her. I ordered their biscuits and gravy with eggs and my husband had the skirt steak and eggs. The food did not take long and was well presented. My dish was pretty good although could have been hotter. The eggs were fresh and the breakfast potatoes surprisingly good (I don't normally care for breakfast potatoes). The biscuits were awesome but the gravy was way too salty. My husband cleaned his plate and was happy with his order. He mentioned it wasn't the best skirt steak he's ever had but pretty good. Although our waitress did come to check on our food, the bus boy never came by to see if we wanted more coffee (which was really good) or tea. It was a little wierd that our waitress had to make change at our table as she said the hostesses were too busy to settle the bills.

We'll give them a try for lunch sometime. They had a Brie-L-T on the sandwich menu that looked interesting. If they can work out some of the little details, I think they'll receive a much better rating from me next time. They're off to a pretty good start.

• Visited June 2013