“Our Favorite” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 126 Restaurants in Elmhurst
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: We had a late dinner at this restaurant last night after reading a large number of reviews on Yelp and think it rates a spot in Trip Advisor. thanks!
Elmhurst, Illinois
“Our Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Fine food in a relaxed atmosphere. We have been to Europe many times and this place definitely reminds us of the quality of ingredients we enjoy so much over there. The crab cakes are my favorite.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Elmhurst, Illinois
“Very high quality consistent restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I have loved this restaurant since opening, whether for lunch or dinner. Their food is always of the highest quality and so is their service. Small, cozy restaurant.

Visited June 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Worth A Stop If You Are In The Area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This euro cafe restaurant features a wide variety of dishes and a fine wine list. The "small plates" section of the menue usually draws my attention. I often start, as I did last night, with a cup of their excellent soubise onion soup. I then had the crab cakes while my wife enjoyed the Amano salad. The corner location near the train line is easy to find and parking is usually not a problem.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Myers, Florida
“Over Priced Lunch !!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

My customer suggested we have lunch at Cafe Amano in Elmhurst, IL. We normally would have gone to Francesca's. The waiter advised what the lunch specials were. They sounded good so we ordered these instead of something off the menu. Big mistake as the Salmon lunch special set me back $28 and the Lobster ravioli was $25. $28 for lunch, really ? We will definetly be going back to Francesca's were lunch specials are always $10-$12.

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Great for a classy and surprisingly inexpensive coffee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

First off, I've never eaten at Cafe Amano, so I cannot be a judge of their food. That said, I have had mochas, iced coffees, cappuccinos, and many pastries and loved them all.

Running in the $3 range for a mocha is a beautiful thing as Starbucks can easily take your Lincoln without giving more than a dime in change. Although it's not the absolute best mocha in town, the atmosphere is very nice, and the staff is very friendly. Additionally, the pastries are very tasty and also quite affordable.

Despite looking like a sit-down restaurant only, you should stop in and grab a drink and pastry to class up your date at a very affordable price.