“Great customer service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 O'hare Airport

You added Motel 6 O'hare Airport to your Saves list
Motel 6 O'hare Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2881 Touhy Ave, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007 (Formerly Travelodge OHare / Elk Grove Village)   |
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
Troy, Michigan
“Great customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

My friend and I were going to a wedding in the area. I've stayed at Baymont Suites before so we decided to stay here - the price was right and I knew about the free continental breakfast.

The front desk person was very nice and upgraded us to a king suite. Our suite was huge and had two rooms, one with the bed and one with a couch/TV area. It also had two bathrooms which was great, we each had our own.

The room was a little "bare bones" but I wasn't expecting anything more. Bed was a little soft but I like soft beds. My main complaint is that the room smelled like smoke even though the hotel itself was non-smoking ... I had heard that Baymont had bought the hotel from another brand so I assume that it was a smoking room at that point.

Other than that, had a good experience there. Breakfast was good and there's also a computer and printer to use - we printed out a reduced fee parking slip at one point which saved us some money when we ventured to downtown Chicago. Breakfast had all the usual continental stuff: cereal, yogurt, bagels, etc. I would stay here again except I would definitely ask about the room first, or maybe ask to switch rooms if it was smoke-smelling again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Baymont2881, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 O'hare Airport, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
We are very glad that you have enjoyed our stay with us, we are looking forward to having you back again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Westland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Very convenient location from the airport with a good shuttle service. They offer a great service for what you pay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

We are very glad that you have enjoyed our service, that is what we are here for a comfortable stay next to the airport for a reasonable price.
Centralia, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Since I was a commuting airline crew member, I stayed here monthly. As a matter of fact, I have stayed here since May of 2012. The location of the hotel is great (10-15 minutes drive, give or take a few minutes factoring in the traffic, RxR crossing, Traffic lights, etc.) Of all the times I had to get to the airport, the shuttle was never late. The breakfast was good and simple, Cereal, Oatmeal, Muffins, etc. When I had an early shuttle time, they usually had the breakfast items out at 5 a.m.

The internet was OK; During peak times it kind of lagged, however, not a big deal. The staff (front desk and Housekeeping) were like a family, they all knew me on a first name basis. They always have treated me like one of their own (Family, I should say.) As far as the restaurants, yes could have a little more variety, you have a Subway (A short walk), Burger King (You are taking your life in your hands crossing the roads...Yes..roads) and there's the Korner House Bar/Grill within walking distance (Be aware: If your bill is less than $10, they do NOT accept credit/debit cards, you must pay in cash). Good food, though.

There are various Pizza places that will deliver, as well as Chinese food (Which I highly recommend!) Airline crew members do get a great crew rate. As far as the shuttle, signing up for it is no problem. The driver(s) have always made sure to be punctual and they have no problem dropping me off where I wanted to go.

Now, I will admit taking the shuttle from the airport to the hotel can be dicey at times. I have seen hordes of people waiting for the shuttle and I have seen a few people "cutting in". Usually if the driver expects a "full load" he'd drive the bigger van. I really haven't had a major issue with the shuttle, yes I have waited longer than expected (an hour at the most) however, standing outside and "people watching" helps pass the time. I guess working for an airline you have patience =)

Overall, I am pleased and happy with the Baymont Inn. They have always treated me with respect and made me laugh. Oh and the Chocolate Chip cookies are a winner, too.

Thank you staff at the Baymont Inn for being a part of my "family".

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We are very glad to have you in our hotel Angela, we always welcome crew members with open arms and I hope you will stay with us and we will do everything so you feel at home.
Middleton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

My stay at your hotel was perfect.. This is the best group of front desk workers I have ever run into. Paul stands out as the best. I am an airline pilot so I have a lot of interaction with hotel management. You can't beat the Baymount OHare

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Baymont2881, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 O'hare Airport, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Here at Baymont our number one priority is costumer service, we know how stressfull traveling can be so we want to make sure our guests have a relaxed stay. We appriciate your business, and we are looking forward to seeing you agian.

Been to Motel 6 O'hare Airport? Share your experiences!